Let’s see your gut loads!

I've still been using the recipe that you gave me. I just changed it to have more bee pollen so I've been doing 1/3 of each ingredient.
Yeah... I was seeing issues with shedding cleanly. I even upped my bee pollen as well. I switched over to all fresh mix in a food processor and gutloading with that for about 3 weeks and he had another shed and it was so much cleaner then others. Quicker and less pieces staying stuck.

I've been gut loading with the yellow flukers and orange as well. Plus I additionally sprinkle the crickets with vitamin d powder and give her a multi as well.

I've still been using the recipe that you gave me. I just changed it to have more bee pollen so I've been doing 1/3 of each ingredient.

It's probably not necessary. I'm all for good gutloading, but the stuff insects eat In the wild doesn't even come close to the nutrition in all of our supplements/gutloads. More than likely our chams don't need a lot of it, but it's definitely good practice to offer a well rounded gutload just to insure they're getting what they need.

Meant to quote your other post about your gutload

Last edited:
I've been gut loading with the yellow flukers and orange as well. Plus I additionally sprinkle the crickets with vitamin d powder and give her a multi as well.
This image will help you with gutload. The flukers is not recommended... For supplements you need to do certain ones in a rotation... Calcium with D3 should be given only 2 times a month and a multi should only be given 2 times a month. These two should be rotated week to week. Then at all other feedings you should be using a calcium without D3.

You might want to start a thread and do a husbandry review to ensure you were given all the correct info.

chameleon-gutload.jpg

The bugs are eating fine, but these beardies are supposed to be eating 80% greens & veggies when they're adults, and this stubborn turd only eats the potted plants in his enclosure, and still not enough to constitute 80% of his diet (not to mention there aren't any nutritional values for most succulents).

I didn't want to mess with him while he was growing, but since he's plateaued... Let the messin' commence!

How about some cactus pads then? If he like succulents he’ll prob like them, and they have some nutritional content. Prickly pear pads (removed thorns)

How about some cactus pads then? If he like succulents he’ll prob like them, and they have some nutritional content. Prickly pear pads (removed thorns)
Been thinking about that. Local groceries don't stock them, so I'll have to get them from a garden store, re-pot, etc., etc.

This image will help you with gutload. The flukers is not recommended... For supplements you need to do certain ones in a rotation... Calcium with D3 should be given only 2 times a month and a multi should only be given 2 times a month. These two should be rotated week to week. Then at all other feedings you should be using a calcium without D3.

You might want to start a thread and do a husbandry review to ensure you were given all the correct info.

Thank you for posting this, I remember seeing it once somewhere and then couldn't find it! I always struggle to remember which leafy greens are safe.

I usually throw carrots in the bin (last a long time and dont mold)... and then a gutload “ice cube” every other day or so.

I am with you, the bugs eat a lot healthier than I do.

View attachment 272290View attachment 272291
You guys are getting ridiculous. How much can a bug gut hold? :rolleyes:

My beardie hates anything dusted, so I'm thinking about gut loading some roaches with herptivite on dusting days. If he won't eat it on the outside....

(Older pics)
The blender was my breakfast :p
The bowl was a gutload batch I did

Can't help, but wonder... how many nutrients even survive the blending+freezing+storage over days/weeks. Still makes me feel good to do it though

Attachments

• 20180212_113348.jpg
    20180212_113348.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 62
  • 20180402_182928.jpg
    20180402_182928.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 58
  • 20180402_193217.jpg
    20180402_193217.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 61
Back
Top Bottom