Let’s see your gut loads!

MissSkittles

Chameleon Enthusiast
On today’s feeder menu I have: all organic - summer squash, carrot, pepper, chard, arugula, raspberry and non-organic- papaya, butternut squash. A chunk of Bug Burger with some added bee pollen and spirulina.
E40393FD-CD6C-4F1C-A6AB-773EF3F2325C.jpeg

Today was orange bell pepper and the seeds, kale, a little apple, a little papaya with the seeds, some carrot and some yellow squash, and bee pollen.
Cant take a picture cause its almost gone! Lol.
Mine didnt look as nice as yours though. Love the rainbow in your salad bar.

Bugs are going through their orange phase this week apparently. Alfalfa sprouts, orange bell pepper, carrots, butternut squash, spirualina and chlorella powder, and bee pollen. Also joshs frogs cricket cuisine and joes bugs roach food

Still looking for a good source of preformed vitamin A to load them with.

Attachments

• A15300EE-286E-44BB-ABA1-0766F5F46C4C.jpeg
    A15300EE-286E-44BB-ABA1-0766F5F46C4C.jpeg
    212.5 KB · Views: 94
Mine is turnip greens, mustard greens, and collard greens, with a good amount of papaya, sweet potato, carrots, oranges, blackberries, mango, butternut squash, and apples, and a bit of strawberry and bell pepper.. Bug Burger and mixed in aswell. I forgot bee pollen in this batch so I just sprinkle it on top when I feed the buggies.

Made this batch a a few weeks ago.

IMG_3175.jpeg

IMG_3178.jpeg

IMG_3180.jpeg

IMG_3181.jpeg

IMG_3195.jpeg

Freeze and feed!

Bugs are going through their orange phase this week apparently. Alfalfa sprouts, orange bell pepper, carrots, butternut squash, spirualina and chlorella powder, and bee pollen. Also joshs frogs cricket cuisine and joes bugs roach food

I'm going to have to Google chlorella now. Always looking to add more nutrition.

So you're covering all bases with the spirulina, chorella powder and bee pollen, eh?
https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/chlorella-spirulina#bottom-line

So you're covering all bases with the spirulina, chorella powder and bee pollen, eh?
https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/chlorella-spirulina#bottom-line
Basically yes ?. Trying to pack in a bunch different vitamins in different forms hoping at least some gets delivered to my Cham, and I had both chlorella and spirulina from when I was raising daphnia for my fish.
I’m pretty sure my crickets, roaches, and my Cham can’t produce vitamin A from beta carotene, but there may be a carotenoid in there that they can use. And there’s all sorts of other vitamins in the algaes to enrich the feeders

On today’s feeder menu I have: all organic - summer squash, carrot, pepper, chard, arugula, raspberry and non-organic- papaya, butternut squash. A chunk of Bug Burger with some added bee pollen and spirulina.
Good Grief! How many bugs is that for, and how many bugs can your cham eat at once?
My understanding is to gut load a day or 2 before feeding to a lizard.

Or are you feeding for an army of chameleons poised to take over ze vorld? :LOL:

I feed strictly gutloading food to all my feeders. That way they are all gutloaded all the time.
We do the same. Veggies aren't very expensive so they always get the good stuff. I usually spend an evening each week chopping veggies for the week for all of the bugs. Our staples are Collards, squash, sweet potato, and carrots. I usually make some small pieces of bug burger to throw in there and then top it off with some pee pollen. I'm thinking about adding some cabbage into the mix but I don't know how fast cabbage spoils. I do my best to have all the prep work done ahead of time.

food-2.jpg

who's gut?

just messin' around. Ten year +/- old picture of Mr. Ted.

Good thing is the bugs eat many of the things the iguana does, so bug food is always in supply.
Greens, squash, zucchini, carrots for Mr. Ted the bugs get.
Also potatoes - sweet & white, and I found yesterday that the superworms seem to like apples.

Good Grief! How many bugs is that for, and how many bugs can your cham eat at once?
My understanding is to gut load a day or 2 before feeding to a lizard.

Or are you feeding for an army of chameleons poised to take over ze vorld? :LOL:
Drats! You figured out my plan for world domination! ? :ROFLMAO:
I feed my colonies well so that they’ll produce many little babies that can grow up to be sacrificed to my cham masters. Plus, I have a few hundred crickets for Spike, who has decided he no longer likes roaches.

...And here I've been tossing them leftovers, peelings, & culls. [shrug]
I save the good stuff for the dragon (and he still won't eat it).
Cham's going to be a panther, so he'll eat same as the dragon.

Back
Top Bottom