Let’s see your gut loads!

(Older pics)
The blender was my breakfast :p
The bowl was a gutload batch I did

Can't help, but wonder... how many nutrients even survive the blending+freezing+storage over days/weeks. Still makes me feel good to do it though

With freezing I think they retain the nutritional value, but cooking alters it. I think.

It was intended jocularly, as I took the pics to be intended. The volume & presentation in some of the pics are a little much unless the posters are commercial feeder breeders—and even then... ?

As the post stated, I freeze it in ice cube trays and feed an ice cube when needed. A blender full makes at least a month’s worth if not more for the several colonies I keep.

With freezing I think they retain the nutritional value, but cooking alters it. I think.

Depends on the nutrients we're talking about, some are destroyed through freezing, some through air exposure(blending), etc. That's why it helps though to make a lot. It won't be as potent as fresh.

Didn't someone on this site sell dry feeder gut load. I think I remember seeing posts for buying it by the pound before I started building my enclosure last year. I wouldn't mind finding a good dry gut load that is more than just protein.

(Older pics)

Can't help, but wonder... how many nutrients even survive the blending+freezing+storage over days/weeks. Still makes me feel good to do it though
When are you going to do a video.... I don't even know what some of that stuff is that your using lol.

America isn't ready for me on video ?

7F2A099A-61C9-455F-980A-EA5FCD7FEEDB.jpeg

CAROL BLAPTICA. Killed her husband, whackedhima.

(Older pics)

Well, at least one of eats as healthy as their bugs.

This image will help you with gutload. The flukers is not recommended... For supplements you need to do certain ones in a rotation... Calcium with D3 should be given only 2 times a month and a multi should only be given 2 times a month. These two should be rotated week to week. Then at all other feedings you should be using a calcium without D3.

You might want to start a thread and do a husbandry review to ensure you were given all the correct info.

View attachment 272274
Oh yes, she's been getting her multivitamin and d3. And rotated as well.

Back
Top Bottom