Let’s see your gut loads!

...And here I've been tossing them leftovers, peelings, & culls. [shrug]
I save the good stuff for the dragon (and he still won't eat it).
Cham's going to be a panther, so he'll eat same as the dragon.
I have to buy more than my dragon can eat and like to give him variety. I don’t personally like half of the veggies I give him, so I feed the buggies well.

I have to buy more than my dragon can eat and like to give him variety. I don’t personally like half of the veggies I give him, so I feed the buggies well.
Is there any way to buy less? Greens come in bunches huge enough to feed a battalion of beardies, and most veggies are 4-10 (or more) times their size. I'm kinda sick of buying bunches of stuff only to have him turn up his nose and then have to throw it out.

Now that he's pretty much grown, there's going to be a reckoning. This dragon's going to eat greens & veggies if it KILLS him. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! ?

Is there any way to buy less? Greens come in bunches huge enough to feed a battalion of beardies, and most veggies are 4-10 (or more) times their size. I'm kinda sick of buying bunches of stuff only to have him turn up his nose and then have to throw it out.

Now that he's pretty much grown, there's going to be a reckoning. This dragon's going to eat greens & veggies if it KILLS him. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! ?
Nope! Greens come in big bunches and organic veggies are also in big sizes. Is why I gut load all the bugs. Today I tried putting a little bee pollen on Spike’s salad...made no difference. Stubborn beardies!

Nope! Greens come in big bunches and organic veggies are also in big sizes. Is why I gut load all the bugs. Today I tried putting a little bee pollen on Spike’s salad...made no difference. Stubborn beardies!
Opal has started macking down on her kale lately! Its like she cant get enough of it! I dont even have to hand feed it to her anymore. I just pick a little bunch off, spray it with bottled water, and toss it in her bowl. She LEAPS off her basking net to eat it! Im very pleased with her. Lol.

Its the same feeling I got when my daughter finally started eating salads ??

I feed strictly gutloading food to all my feeders. That way they are all gutloaded all the time.

Same! I gutload every day so they’re always ready. These bugs eat better than I do. Turnip and mustard greens, watercress, dandelion greens, bok choy, bell pepper, carrot, oranges, papaya, flax seeds. Occasional squash.

The bugs are eating fine, but these beardies are supposed to be eating 80% greens & veggies when they're adults, and this stubborn turd only eats the potted plants in his enclosure, and still not enough to constitute 80% of his diet (not to mention there aren't any nutritional values for most succulents).

I didn't want to mess with him while he was growing, but since he's plateaued... Let the messin' commence!

Opal has started macking down on her kale lately! Its like she cant get enough of it! I dont even have to hand feed it to her anymore. I just pick a little bunch off, spray it with bottled water, and toss it in her bowl. She LEAPS off her basking net to eat it! Im very pleased with her. Lol.

Its the same feeling I got when my daughter finally started eating salads ??
Consider yourself blessed! I give Spike his favorite veggies and he is stubborn. He picks at them and tosses them around his enclosure so it looks like he ate more than he did. Either he’s pretty smart for a lizard or pretty messy.

Consider yourself blessed! I give Spike his favorite veggies and he is stubborn. He picks at them and tosses them around his enclosure so it looks like he ate more than he did. Either he’s pretty smart for a lizard or pretty messy.
Oh I definitely consider myself blessed!!!
How old is a bearded dragon when considered "an adult"?

Age Groups
Group:Age: mo
Hatchling0 - 2
Juvenile2 - 7
Sub-Adult7 - 18
Adult18+
Technically, Ol' Stinkeye is a "Sub-Adult" (and strews his greens around like Spike does, especially coleslaw), but he hasn't grown much or shed at all in the last couple months, and acts horny as hell.
Been thinking about renaming him "Bob".
1594869925163.jpeg

His beard never turns black. :(
1594870069326.jpeg

The Missus had him in her quilting studio. He sat like this for over an hour, just staring out the window, butt hanging in space. Today he has a white spot on his nose from lunging at the window. :LOL:

Last edited:
Age Groups
Group:Age: mo
Hatchling0 - 2
Juvenile2 - 7
Sub-Adult7 - 18
Adult18+
Technically, Ol' Stinkeye is a "Sub-Adult" (and strews his greens around like Spike does, especially coleslaw), but he hasn't grown much or shed at all in the last couple months, and acts horny as hell.
Been thinking about renaming him "Bob".
View attachment 272215
His beard never turns black. :(
View attachment 272216
The Missus had him in her quilting studio. He sat like this for over an hour, just staring out the window, butt hanging in space. Today he has a white spot on his nose from lunging at the window. :LOL:
Ok, so Spike is a sub adult too then as he’s 8 mos. I hate to ask...how can you tell he’s umm...desiring the company of a lady?

Ok, so Spike is a sub adult too then as he’s 8 mos. I hate to ask...how can you tell he’s umm...desiring the company of a lady?
Come on... you were a teenager! :love: Males show off!
Parading around, posing with head held high in the air, head-bobbing, getting up high so they can survey the area for females, humping plants.... Y'know... the usual. :ROFLMAO:

how to tell if a beardie is horny

Come on... you were a teenager! :love: Males show off!
Parading around, posing with head held high in the air, head-bobbing, getting up high so they can survey the area for females, humping plants.... Y'know... the usual. :ROFLMAO:

how to tell if a beardie is horny
Ohhh. Ok. Spike hasn’t gotten there yet. He did rub his junk on my hand once but then had a big poop seconds later...on me. ?

Ohhh. Ok. Spike hasn’t gotten there yet. He did rub his junk on my hand once but then had a big poop seconds later...on me. ?
Woah!!! :ROFLMAO:
First rule of beardie keeping: Never pick them up until after they've ? !
If Stinkeye hasn't made a stinkie that day, he doesn't get tummy-timey that evening! ;)

Wait'll you have to deal with clogged femoral pores or sperm plugs. Mmmmm. [Puke!]

Last edited:
Woah!!! :ROFLMAO:
First rule of beardie keeping: Never pick them up until after they've ? !
If Stinkeye hasn't made a stinkie that day, he doesn't get tummy-timey that evening! ;)

Wait'll you have to deal with clogged femoral pores or sperm plugs. Mmmmm. [Puke!]
He had pooped that day. He just gave me a bonus poo. Lucky me. :rolleyes:
I had to clear a sperm plug for the very first time the other day on my rescue leo. I’m a nurse so not phased by much grossness...unless it’s poop on my bare hand. Ewww!

Two in one day! Aren't you the lucky one? :LOL:
Missus is waiting for him to ? today so she can take him out to her quilt studio & look out the window again.

You guys/gals are starting to make me feel bad that I'm not feeding my insects a gourmet buffet. And here I thought I was doing good using a mix of Arcadia insect fuel, bug burger, and bee pollen.

You guys/gals are starting to make me feel bad that I'm not feeding my insects a gourmet buffet. And here I thought I was doing good using a mix of Arcadia insect fuel, bug burger, and bee pollen.
That is what I was doing... I have noticed since doing this that Beman sheds much cleaner.

Back
Top Bottom