Lennon’s new bioactive tank build

So sorry to see you break that, reminds me of the million times that happens to me working on projects.

One option that might look better and be cheaper is to just remove the glass doors, add a slide and order one sheet of glass or a acrylic sheet, if you want you can do double sliding doors. I did a custom snake tank from a tall aquarim, the front glass door slides open, love the look. My python tank is a zoom-med with custom glass lid instead of a screen for a nice top-down view and to trap humidity.

Personally, I would remove the doors and black vent strip, replace them with a nice hinge stystem, like the ones for showers and order custom glass at my local glass shop. I would say about $100-$150 cost, but would look very clean and very custom.

So sorry to see you break that, reminds me of the million times that happens to me working on projects.

One option that might look better and be cheaper is to just remove the glass doors, add a slide and order one sheet of glass or a acrylic sheet, if you want you can do double sliding doors. I did a custom snake tank from a tall aquarim, the front glass door slides open, love the look. My python tank is a zoom-med with custom glass lid instead of a screen for a nice top-down view and to trap humidity.

Personally, I would remove the doors and black vent strip, replace them with a nice hinge stystem, like the ones for showers and order custom glass at my local glass shop. I would say about $100-$150 cost, but would look very clean and very custom.

im not really a fan of the sliding glass doors. You end up with way smaller of an opening ,can only open one side and Can’t even open a full half because of the overlap.

why would you remove the vent strip? How would you create appropriate air flow?

Last edited:
why would you remove the vent strip? How would you create appropriate air flow?

I think they are ugly and block my view of my terrain scape, I've always hated mine and want to remove them from all my encousures. As for air venting, they hardly seem to do anything, a tiny fan micro fan on top would easily provide more air flow and set it to the light timmer.

Another idea is make screen doors insead of using glass. Might not look as good but air flow would be great. Either way, good luck with your project.

Attachments

• 20181005_092436.jpg
    20181005_092436.jpg
    266.4 KB · Views: 69
Back
Top Bottom