left eye irritation?

omgitsaliv55

So my new baby veiled who's name is Rupert came yesterday. I have a habba mist coming friday but until then i've been using the spray bottle. today i sprayed him and he started drinking just fine, but then he started doing this thing with his left eye where he pulls it in to his body and pushes it back out. Every time he did it the left side of his eyelid would puff out a bit. Then when he was climbing on the plant hanger he decided to rub his eye up against the poll. He's never done this before, but now i'm worried I should take him to the vet. He may have just gotten a little water in it, but if it's infected then that could be serious. I still have the "3 day warranty" in effect so maybe the place I got him from could refund some of my money to put towards the vet bills (I would never trade him in for a different one! He's just so sweet, I don't think I'd get this lucky again). Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

P.S. The plant I have in the cage is not a ficus, so I don't think that could be causing an infection. It's a pothos...pretty harmless.

Habba mist isnt good,its just a sprayer and it doesnt work too well. It depends,id give him a shower maybe and see what it does.

How old is your baby? Some times they clean their eyes when misting. Could he be shedding yet? They rub when shedding.

how much did you payfor your cham? if they refund any it should just be all because veileds are only like $50, and a vet is gonna run you alot more.

He's about 3-4 weeks old. He stopped now that it's dry, but it was only that one eye. Now that he's stopped I doubt it's anything to worry about considering this is the first time. I'll watch it though.

Bucky:

Unfortunately I'm aware of the problems with habba mist. I say unfortunately because I learned about them after I had already payed and ordered it. Maybe i'll sell it on eBay if it's not doing a good enough job. I don't have him in a huge cage (65 gallon reptarium) so a misting system wouldn't be necessary just yet. What do you think of a waterfall instead?

Back
Top Bottom