Leapord gecko

B5D328F1-F206-408A-8872-663885AFB425.jpeg

I feel bad i rescues them both they are siblings but I do not think they needed be separated I have extra tanks if I ever need to though. They’ve never nipped one another also I thought leapord geckos could be with others

Don't try to house them together, there are too many issues, if you want, I will name some of the less obvious ones. Just because it can be done, doesn't mean you should do it. BTW, why did you house them together and hope for breeding if you know that they are siblings?

Don't try to house them together, there are too many issues, if you want, I will name some of the less obvious ones. Just because it can be done, doesn't mean you should do it. BTW, why did you house them together and hope for breeding if you know that they are siblings?
No I don’t! Want them to breed I would feel superrrrr weirded out lol also if I notice a problem I will Immediatly swap them out thank you everybody

I wish she has the proper care from her previous owner I’m not sure how th8s happened they were sold to me without informing me of the problem it’s super had to get a leapord gecko sick and the man som pe how managed to do thato_O:(

I had a trio (1.2) of Leo's together for over 19 years. They never fought and each year produced several clutches of babies. There were lots of places for them to hide and at one point an egg I missed digging up hatched in the cage. The baby remained hidden from me until it was several months old. When I did notice it finally it was healthy and luckily a female. I didn't want it to be mating with it's dad though so I moved it in with my other unrelated group of three (1.2). I think because they are seasonal breeders it can work. Just my experience/two cents worth.

Hopefully the back legs are from an old and corrected MBD incident and all is well now. Do you have a UVB light on the cage? How do you supplement them? What do you feed the insects? Do you have a warm end and a cooler end to their cages?

I used to keep a bottle lid in the cages with some phosphorous-free calcium powder in it so they could lick some up if they needed it.

Yes I use D3 2-3 times a mo th and without D3 every other feeding I’ll send pics of my supplement and I do use UVB and a heat source on one side and cool on the other with several hiding places and another cage for I use a lot that’s 40 gallons

I do believe this was an old MBD incident and that the bones never healed right nothings has gotten worse and he’s actually more active the other one

Last edited:
I had a trio (1.2) of Leo's together for over 19 years. They never fought and each year produced several clutches of babies. There were lots of places for them to hide and at one point an egg I missed digging up hatched in the cage. The baby remained hidden from me until it was several months old. When I did notice it finally it was healthy and luckily a female. I didn't want it to be mating with it's dad though so I moved it in with my other unrelated group of three (1.2). I think because they are seasonal breeders it can work. Just my experience/two cents worth.

Hopefully the back legs are from an old and corrected MBD incident and all is well now. Do you have a UVB light on the cage? How do you supplement them? What do you feed the insects? Do you have a warm end and a cooler end to their cages?

I used to keep a bottle lid in the cages with some phosphorous-free calcium powder in it so they could lick some up if they needed it.
I too kept a 1.3 ratio together for years. There was a pecking order that sorted itself out among the females, but no issues really to speak of. It was a large enclosure, with over a dozen hides situated at multiple levels. I really enjoyed keeping them. I had given them away after a few years, and I’m happy to say they’re all still alive (now living separately), and most of the offspring have survived and now reproduced many times (again, with there prospective owners).

I enjoyed mine too. I also enjoyed a pair of fat tails and mourning geckos (only females needed to reproduce), mosaic geckos, Madagascar ground geckos, leaf tailed geckos, frog eyed sand geckos, etc.

Back
Top Bottom