Leapord gecko

Harry The Cham

Established Member
I have a leapord geckos with two messed up back legs from his previous owners I think he may be a male but am not 100% sure he has spot on his legs but they are a brownish color and pretty big he is housed with a female. If he was a boy and mated with the female would the babies have legs like him?

No, unless he has an odd genetic mutation, which can be passed to the babies, or if their legs break. You don't even know if he was a boy and you housed them together? If his legs were messed up, that could be a problem.

My friend had a male and a female for years he said he would have to separate them from fighting this is what he said when he gave them to me I separated them right away because the female already had a stub of a leg from the male ripping the back foot off they both was pretty bit up

C2939A47-0946-485C-94B4-AF9C2FA05BF1.jpeg DB8000DF-C851-4ED3-B53C-AFFEFFF4D817.jpeg 7089C19A-A73A-4337-B82B-D4D8E28FE6DB.jpeg C2939A47-0946-485C-94B4-AF9C2FA05BF1.jpeg

Actually their so close they can’t stand to not be together if one goes in a rock the other will follow and they just lay on each other

That looks like middle range and severe enough to need a vet MBD. Or broken bones that have healed seriously wrong. Those are pretty bad pics but looks to be female. I really would take that gecko in. And would not house them together.

And what you are describing is signs of a dominant gecko. Colonies do happen in the wild but you need a lot of space for that and enough geckos to make it less of a picking on one on one kind of thing. I would never do less than 4 geckos in a 60 gallon breeder

The gecko has been like that from his previous owner he’s not in any pain he probably suffered from MBD and bones healed back wrong

That looks like middle range and severe enough to need a vet MBD. Or broken bones that have healed seriously wrong. Those are pretty bad pics but looks to be female. I really would take that gecko in. And would not house them together.
Oh that picture was only like that because he was spreading his legs apart to hold on t9 me I’ll post a better picture my bad

Back
Top Bottom