Laying Bin

jacquoo

My female is gavid and this is her second clutch. last time she was restless for a few days and dug in her Plant. This time she has been restless all week but no digging. I bought a trash barrell and put sand in it 12in deep and a plant should I just put her in and leave her there, I am scared she will get egg bound, this is day 5 she is barely eating and won't stay in her habitat, she does go back up and down. She's driving me crazy. So question do I put a light over it to keep her warm, do I put food in with her, how long do I keep her in it if she doesnt start digging

here are some photo's

Attachments

• XykJTN+QTCKQIL35OWXqKQ.jpg
    XykJTN+QTCKQIL35OWXqKQ.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 181
  • F4YjTztzS3SYUCT+9qEZYg.jpg
    F4YjTztzS3SYUCT+9qEZYg.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 164
  • DM+aPVNwSJa9kphBxEefFA.jpg
    DM+aPVNwSJa9kphBxEefFA.jpg
    286.1 KB · Views: 179
Sometime can take up more than 5 days .Is she going up and down non stop???
Also I just notice ur bucket of sand is too shallow unless my telepathy sense of vision is not working correctly..if u can add more sand so she can dig deeper n deposit those eggs.

I can see where the new bin is, I was asking if there was another one in the viv. Based on what you said your not at a panic point yet although I’d be a tiny bit concerned. Best thing to do is to put her bin inside her viv and wrap a towel around the bottom half of the viv. Remove everything from the bin except for one branch so she can climb in and out at will.

Also test that sand cause when the cham start digging and sand clapse.that will never let her laying success i will remove the plant and just use a branch instead.

Wait for op to reply then we shall find out the bucket in that cage...My feeling is telling me the op only have that black bucket but I will wait for the reply.

Sometime can take up more than 5 days .Is she going up and down non stop???
Also I just notice ur bucket of sand is too shallow unless my telepathy sense of vision is not working correctly..if u can add more sand so she can dig deeper n deposit those eggs.
Hi thanks for answering it is 14in of sand

Yes the bucket is a trash can with sand, she is free ranged and has her own room. She never leaves the habitat unless she wants to lay egg. This is her 2nd clutch, she has a huge potted plant she laud them in last time. She jas been going up and down since Monday, barely eaten. The barrel has almost 14in of sand tested to make a tunnel. I will attach a picture of her normal habitat. She wasn't showing any interest in her potted plants. The one plant is 80% sand and organic soil. 2 other plants she can also try that are over 12 in deep and 12in wide. So I got nervous and bought a 23 gallon trash barrel and put clean play sand in with a small plant. She is sleeping in it now. I will put a branch in it tomorrow so she can go back and forth. I have. Camera on her. I have it covered with a sheet for privacy.

Attachments

• 8EDCBB6E-E479-4082-B57F-80FD3E4589BF.jpeg
    8EDCBB6E-E479-4082-B57F-80FD3E4589BF.jpeg
    245.8 KB · Views: 180
  • CFF91EA0-075A-406B-BCE6-ED4C96633319.jpeg
    CFF91EA0-075A-406B-BCE6-ED4C96633319.jpeg
    345.6 KB · Views: 178
  • F15F778B-A550-4073-8C00-C6C1EF0E5FA8.jpeg
    F15F778B-A550-4073-8C00-C6C1EF0E5FA8.jpeg
    260.9 KB · Views: 147
Yes the bucket is a trash can with sand, she is free ranged and has her own room. She never leaves the habitat unless she wants to lay egg. This is her 2nd clutch, she has a huge potted plant she laud them in last time. She jas been going up and down since Monday, barely eaten. The barrel has almost 14in of sand tested to make a tunnel. I will attach a picture of her normal habitat. She wasn't showing any interest in her potted plants. The one plant is 80% sand and organic soil. 2 other plants she can also try that are over 12 in deep and 12in wide. So I got nervous and bought a 23 gallon trash barrel and put clean play sand in with a small plant. She is sleeping in it now. I will put a branch in it tomorrow so she can go back and forth. I have. Camera on her. I have it covered with a sheet for privacy.
My only suggestion now is leave her along as much as u can.since this isnt your first rodeo..if she hasnt lay in couple days...I will take her to a vet n ask for a shot of oxytocin to help her lay the eggs smoothly just in case to prevent the egg bound.

I like the free range set up...very artistic..beautiful plants n fresh O2 everywhere..u dont even need airfreshner in ur house.

thnk yiu
Hey no worries u are more than welcome....14 inches is great try dig a hole when u get a chance just to see if the sand wont clapse.and can u fit the bin inside the cage ?
i testes the sand it digs a hole and holds up. She doesn't have a cage she is free ranged.

thnk yiu

i testes the sand it digs a hole and holds up. She doesn't have a cage she is free ranged.
Don't mean to make u do all that work...so the whole artistic room belongs to her...she is so spoil...btw how is she doing now ..if u already set up the camera n see on ur screen ...its probably dark in there hopefully she can pull through this quickly n be very quiet around that laying bin...I be sending extra prayer for ur baby...please let me know in the morning thanks for the reply.

Well it is day five she slept in the sand last night by me putting her there and covered he. No digging! She was all over the room again today. I put a stick for her to climb in and out of the sand bin but I'm not sure if she went in it again today. I usually use the room everyday and she hangs with me and dowant get stress out at all. So anyways I stayed out of the room all day except to peak in and mist. I just checked on her and she is sleeping up in her vines. Son of nothing happens by Tuesday I am taking her to the vet. This is so stressful
Don't mean to make u do all that work...so the whole artistic room belongs to her...she is so spoil...btw how is she doing now ..if u already set up the camera n see on ur screen ...its probably dark in there hopefully she can pull through this quickly n be very quiet around that laying bin...I be sending extra prayer for ur baby...please let me know in the morning thanks for the reply.stressful

Back
Top Bottom