Laying Bin

Yes that whole room belongs to her! It's my office so I spend a lot of time in there and she has no problem with me. I also hand feed her and she has some feeding stations. I must her twice a day or more. She has drip and a reptasun bulb 100 watts a t5 ho tube and a heat lamp along her free range. She is very spoiled and I can't believe how much I love her
If nothing happens today I am taking her to the vet. Last time she had a huge clutch she isn't looking as large this time. She also didn't care about privacy last time. But I moved all my work out to the kitchen. So she can be alone. She is not really eating so her poop is small and urate is small and white. She I force her to stay in the sand bin?

Can u post some close shot picture of her without disturbing her too much?a vet visit is great...
So I got nervous and bought a 23 gallon trash barrel and put clean play sand

Im just wondering she might not like the all playsand set up in that trash can...what was the medium u put in from the last time she laid ? Was it pure playsand...half mix or other??

Can u post some close shot picture of her without disturbing her too much?a vet visit is great...

Im just wondering she might not like the all playsand set up in that trash can...what was the medium u put in from the last time she laid ? Was it pure playsand...half mix or other??
It was in her plant pot half and half sand / soil it’s still there she is just wandering and wandering still. She is looking a little dehydrated so I misted for 10 min this am

This the pot she layer in last time. She also had a laying bin but chose the pot. That is Ellie just now wandering on the floor

Attachments

• 4DC85FEA-9118-4B2F-A6E2-F19D2FE2493D.jpeg
    4DC85FEA-9118-4B2F-A6E2-F19D2FE2493D.jpeg
    155.8 KB · Views: 202
  • F020A58C-C303-44E4-B6FB-86B949963179.jpeg
    F020A58C-C303-44E4-B6FB-86B949963179.jpeg
    234.9 KB · Views: 205
Yes I have an appt at 11:30. I’m too stressed lol

Attachments

• CEBC3DF7-B17B-4E4D-B9D6-1D0D37A0F3E2.jpeg
    CEBC3DF7-B17B-4E4D-B9D6-1D0D37A0F3E2.jpeg
    279.3 KB · Views: 189
We are at the vet. X-ray shows a ton of eggs but maybe give her a few more days vet is giving liquid calcium and then oxytocin on Saturday. Does that sound alright anyone have this experience with eggs and vets

The vet is suspected she is low in calcium then she may not be able to physically lay her eggs even if she tried so thats why the vet suggest the liquid calcium.

Let the vet know to weight her in so u can keep that in the record..next time u may invest in a food scale just to compare her gravid weight record.

I’ve already ordered a scale ! Today she ate a hornworm and she drank while I misted her. Have you ever heard of anyone spaying there chameleon???? The vet suggested it so we won’t go through this again and not tax her body.

I’ve already ordered a scale ! Today she ate a hornworm and she drank while I misted her. Have you ever heard of anyone spaying there chameleon???? The vet suggested it so we won’t go through this again and not tax her body.
Oh great.....If the vet is very experienced in chameleon spays, it is doable.Usually things like egg bound situation will leads to the spaying decision.
Bare in mind the female veileds have two oviducts,if the vet miss any....there is a possibility that female will still lay in the future.

Today is the oxytocin shot as u mentioned before....let the vet takes some more Xray n try to post a picture of the Xray if u can,I will be sending extra prayer to your way.

I will I was so mad I didn’t take a picture last time. I’m afraid she won’t have the strength, she has barely eaten! Yesterday I tried a hornworm and she tried to get it twice and gave up. I’ve been giving her the liquid calcium everyday. She isn’t roaming as much but I wonder if that’s due to no energy. Now after the shot should I put her in the laying bin (trash can) and take everything out so she can’t get out? Or let her roam free?

Do you have a food scale to weight her?the reason that Im asking this is since ur set up is a free range set up...how much food has she been feeding prior till she stop eating completely?
Let your vet to Xray her n if she gets the shot from your vet then I will suggest put her in the laying bin as u mentioned before.

Back
Top Bottom