Laying Bin Set Up - Educational Video

Thank you very much for making this video! I was concerned when I purchased a female veiled two months ago because of the horror stories I'd heard regarding the egg laying process.. She's still a month or so away from sexual maturity (if my guess on her age is correct) but I now feel confident that I'm prepared to tackle it.

It's fine to take the other items (such as a climbing log, etc.) out of the bottom of the cage to be replaced by the laying bin, correct? Then I'll just switch it back out when she's all done?

How long is it between the first signs of "symptoms" and the actual egg laying process? Or does it just depend on the chameleon?

Thanks again for this great video, I've been enjoying reading this forum for the past few months!

laying bin help please

thanks for the great educational video it was very helpfull my name is nick comment i perchased a male ambiloba cham from you about a year to a year n a half ago i lost my date of birth info n all that stuff so if it is possiable can you cheek your sell records to get me that info again if not i understand if so thats wonderfull i have just copulated my chams four the first time yesterday n today she let my boy get it 2 times once on the 30Th n then the 1St she showed gravid coolers today tho is that enough times that they copulated witch does mean mating right i believe so correct me if I'm wrong n ill be posting updates as the days go by i am a first timer on breeding chameleons iv been housing them four about three years n i waited untill i felt like i have enough knowledge to have very healthy hatch lings so i researched four the past 3 years n studied my butt off before getting a female but i still would like advise from a moor experienced cham owners n breeders my email address is [email protected] or post on here n if you can look up my info on my person id be vary grateful i lost my info sheet do to 4 moves since iv had him n I'm vary bummed about it so see what you can do on that n thank you four your time n vidio n chameleon i have

I made this "How to" video to show how to set up a laying bin for a female chameleon. I narrated and edited it myself much like my other education video:https://www.chameleonforums.com/receptive-female-chameleons-educational-video-62869/

This video shows how we, at Chamalot Chameleons, set up laying bins for our females. There are a variation of techniques you can do, but this will give you a good solid idea of what is needed.

I hope this video helps a lot of female chameleons owners

;) enjoy

what's that white things that you put the eggs in?? and what shal i put the eggs in

Very informative! If I had seen that before getting my cham, I might not have been so worried about getting a female!:D

Feel free to use it, link it, share it. It is why I made it :)

I will also take suggestions on other topics to make videos on.. As long as I am knowledgeable about the subject.. and it is not too broad..( Like Make a video about everything you need to know about a chameleon - :eek:)

I may make one on doing a home fecal float and maybe another one on incubation?? I haven't decided yet.

A fecal float would be awesome! I haven't found any do it yourself videos out there on that topic.

dez, fwiw i've been running a bunch of fecals lately as i just bought 9 adult females in the past 2 weeks. i even managed to capture some photos and videos of positives through the ocular lens by putting one of my cameras up to it. have been doing floats, direct smears, and Lugol's iodine smears for Giardia. if you ever wanted to take a trip out here for an afternoon, i would be happy to demonstrate procedures while you tape, edit and narrate.

o—

Very good video, I'm a novice breeder, and my female panther chameleon is proximate to lay eggs, and this video help me a lot, Congratulatios from Mexico!

This is my first post in this forum, I hope learn so much about you guys, I'm from Mexico, and if I make mistakes in my english sorry, LOL! Thanks for accept me, I hope to get along with everyone and also provide with my knowledge from here. :)

Love the video

Question I have a female that is ready to lay what can i do to help her feel comfertable???? I have done everything that has been suggested and still nothing yet. She is not week or anything. Maybe Im just in a hurry but.... i am starting to get worried.

Question I have a female that is ready to lay what can i do to help her feel comfertable???? I have done everything that has been suggested and still nothing yet. She is not week or anything. Maybe Im just in a hurry but.... i am starting to get worried.

Sometimes it just take a while. Its frustrating and stressful (for the keeper)

Great vid! I just stumbled upon this while checking out the new Chameleon Care Resources! See mods, it's already working! :D

Thank you sooooo much for the really helpful information! I was given a female veiled chameleon yesterday by a family that is moving 2000 miles away in 1.5 weeks. The vet says she is egg bound and told them to give her a laying bin with wet sand; they offered her a 2" deep, 5" x 5" sandwich container with reptile sand in it, and I was pretty sure that isn't big enough.

ack.

Guess I need to fix that today!

Back
Top Bottom