laying bin mixtures?

ndugan7

hello all, i just upgraded my female to a bigger enclosure and am going to be putting a laying bin in there for her now! My question now is what mixture of stuff to put in there! I read a lot of people using 50/50 soil/play sand...my question is what else can be used? I would have to order play sand cause i just called around (toysrus, lowes, HD) and play sand is seasonal here (new england). I was thinking of using 50/50 eco earth and organic soil i sifted? is this something that will work?

cool that might be easier for me, i guess what i should have specified is what mixture people have used that doesnt have play sand as in ingredient, for i would rather not have to order it. but if it is the best i shall concede and order it!

You can get play sand at Lowes, Home depot etc. Maybe even walmart or something like that.

I use 1/3 play sand and 2/3 sifted top soil.

I would have to order play sand cause i just called around (toysrus, lowes, HD) and play sand is seasonal here (new england).

i had already tried these guys, play sand is seasonal here, which i think is dumb, i had this same problem last winter looking for a small desk fan...literally nobody had any as they were 'seasonal' items!...but they can get it shipped to the store next week for me (wal-mart that is).

also i did mix up the soil eco-earth combo and dug a hole with a spoon....it held up strongly...but i WANT play sand now cause i keep reading over an over it is what people use...

Back
Top Bottom