Lay bin

Em-Chicken25

• Your Chameleon - Olive (my cham) is a Veiled chameleon, female, she is around 6-7 months. I’ve had her for around 3 months.
  • Handling - I only pick her up 1-2 times a day
  • Feeding - I’m feeding her mealworms, I know that’s not the best option but it’s what I have right now. I’m looking into finding some super worms at the moment. I usually feed her 5-6 mealworms, but they are smaller so she sometimes eats maybe 2 more than that if shes hungry. I also dust them with calcium without d3. I feed her towards the end of the day in the afternoon. I usually just put some chopped carrots and feed her the ones that are eating the carrots.
  • Supplements - I dust the mealworms with the ZooMed calcium without d3 every day, and the calcium with d3 once or twice a month.
  • Watering - I use a spray bottle and mist maybe 3-4 times a day. Yes, sometimes after I spray I’ll catch her drinking water off of some of the leaves.
  • Fecal Description - The poop is brown, and had the small part of white ( I honestly don’t know what it’s called) and is pooping consistently.
  • History - She is healthy and consistently pooping so no history that’s really big.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Glass, with a screen top and occasionally I’ll leave the door open a crack to let a little airflow in. It’s around 2 feet tall and 2 feet wide but it’s a corner fitted type cage so it’s shaped a little differently.
  • Lighting - I have a deep dome lamp with a Exo Terra tropical reptile uvb bulb. The heat lamp is a ZooMed bulb but I can’t fine the box so I don’t know the exact wattage. And I usually keep the lights off at night but have them on by around 8:30 in the morning when I wake up to maybe 6 or 7 at night before I settle in for bed.
  • Temperature - The temperature during the day is around 90-80 degrees Fahrenheit. The lowest temp at night is probably 60 degrees Fahrenheit. I have a small temperature checking device in the cage and it keeps track of the temp and the humidity.
  • Humidity - It’s usually around 60-70% humidity. I use a spray bottle to keep the humidity up. I have the small temperature checking thing that keeps track of the humidity.
  • Plants - I have one live plant in the cage and some bamboo leaves but those aren’t currently alive. The one live plant is a golden pothos.
  • Placement - Its near a window in the corner of my room. It isn’t near any fans or air vents but there is a air vent in the room. The cage is maybe 2 feet off the floor.
  • Location - I’m in Southern California in the US.

Current Problem - I had a lay bin in the cage once but I took it out when I realized she wasn’t laying. I had it in for a while but she never used it, I’m confused on when to put the lay bin back in. I don’t really know how to tell if my chameleon is chubby or about to lay eggs because before I thought she was about to lay eggs but she never used the lay bin so that makes me think that she was just a little chubby. I need help on how to tell if she’s about to lay eggs, or she’s just a little chubby. 9EF00E79-E57A-4FD9-B7DC-2F693A894C6C.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 86
Hi ok mealworm are not the best or recommended also supers are only recommended as treats and high in fat all chams should be fed a balanced nutritional diet expecially females as you do not want her form too many eggs basking temp max imo 85 daytime humidity 30-50 % max. You will also want to think about an upgrade in the not so near future 2x2x4 is recommended. The light you want to provide the correct sufficient uvb will either be an arcadia t5ho 5% or a repti sun 5%both long linear florescent. On timers 12 on 12 off. Provide a lay bin af all times as you never know I use a 10×10 flowerpot with 8 inches of either washed playsand or 50/50 mix of sand snd organic soil. 😁 you can find some good stuff on chameleon academy and also Neptune the chameleon you tube channel

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200820-133907_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200820-133907_Chrome.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 85
  • 20201116_152630.jpg
    20201116_152630.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 79
Back
Top Bottom