- Your Chameleon - Olive (my cham) is a Veiled chameleon, female, she is around 6-7 months. I’ve had her for around 3 months.
- Handling - I only pick her up 1-2 times a day
- Feeding - I’m feeding her mealworms, I know that’s not the best option but it’s what I have right now. I’m looking into finding some super worms at the moment. I usually feed her 5-6 mealworms, but they are smaller so she sometimes eats maybe 2 more than that if shes hungry. I also dust them with calcium without d3. I feed her towards the end of the day in the afternoon. I usually just put some chopped carrots and feed her the ones that are eating the carrots.
- Supplements - I dust the mealworms with the ZooMed calcium without d3 every day, and the calcium with d3 once or twice a month.
- Watering - I use a spray bottle and mist maybe 3-4 times a day. Yes, sometimes after I spray I’ll catch her drinking water off of some of the leaves.
- Fecal Description - The poop is brown, and had the small part of white ( I honestly don’t know what it’s called) and is pooping consistently.
- History - She is healthy and consistently pooping so no history that’s really big.
- Cage Type - Glass, with a screen top and occasionally I’ll leave the door open a crack to let a little airflow in. It’s around 2 feet tall and 2 feet wide but it’s a corner fitted type cage so it’s shaped a little differently.
- Lighting - I have a deep dome lamp with a Exo Terra tropical reptile uvb bulb. The heat lamp is a ZooMed bulb but I can’t fine the box so I don’t know the exact wattage. And I usually keep the lights off at night but have them on by around 8:30 in the morning when I wake up to maybe 6 or 7 at night before I settle in for bed.
- Temperature - The temperature during the day is around 90-80 degrees Fahrenheit. The lowest temp at night is probably 60 degrees Fahrenheit. I have a small temperature checking device in the cage and it keeps track of the temp and the humidity.
- Humidity - It’s usually around 60-70% humidity. I use a spray bottle to keep the humidity up. I have the small temperature checking thing that keeps track of the humidity.
- Plants - I have one live plant in the cage and some bamboo leaves but those aren’t currently alive. The one live plant is a golden pothos.
- Placement - Its near a window in the corner of my room. It isn’t near any fans or air vents but there is a air vent in the room. The cage is maybe 2 feet off the floor.
- Location - I’m in Southern California in the US.
Current Problem - I had a lay bin in the cage once but I took it out when I realized she wasn’t laying. I had it in for a while but she never used it, I’m confused on when to put the lay bin back in. I don’t really know how to tell if my chameleon is chubby or about to lay eggs because before I thought she was about to lay eggs but she never used the lay bin so that makes me think that she was just a little chubby. I need help on how to tell if she’s about to lay eggs, or she’s just a little chubby.