lay bin doesn't fit in the enclosure

I'm still saying put a proper bin in the cage and leave it there always and when she starts digging in it move her to the bigger one only if she won't lay in the one in her cage. The signs of needing to lay eggs are sometimes subtle and can be missed. I've never had a panther or veiled chameleon refuse to lay in the container set up that I use/recommend....filled with moist washed playsand.

Go to Walmart if there is one where you live and buy a bin there..they have lots....and you should be able to get one that is closer to the right size.

I'm still saying put a proper bin in the cage and leave it there always and when she starts digging in it move her to the bigger one only if she won't lay in the one in her cage. The signs of needing to lay eggs are sometimes subtle and can be missed. I've never had a panther or veiled chameleon refuse to lay in the container set up that I use/recommend....filled with moist washed playsand.

Go to Walmart if there is one where you live and buy a bin there..they have lots....and you should be able to get one that is closer to the right size.

i've been pretty much clear about the fact that no other kind of bin fits in my cage except for the one in the picture. anyway waaait a sec, you told me now that when i see her digging in the bin to move her in the bigger one, but they are not supposed to see us during the laying or they'll be eggbound so wth ahahaha i have to move her without letting her see me :eek: ?
shouldn't i put her directly in the larger bin as soon as i see her walking around the bottom as JacksJill stated before?

You just don't want her to see you when she's digging...if she isn't digging and is up in the branches you can move her.

You asked..."shouldn't i put her directly in the larger bin as soon as i see her walking around the bottom as JacksJill stated before?".. I don't remember JacksJill saying that. Its up to you...you can decide whether to move her and when.

Back
Top Bottom