Lawnmower and Cham

CasqueAbove

Chameleon Enthusiast
So today it was nice and I had the windows open. The neighbor was mowing the lawn and this seemed to bother my Cham. She stayed high and hidden while he was mowing.
I know they don’t have external ears, but do have an inner ear. Could the frequency of the mower be something they can hear?
Thoughts?

So today it was nice and I had the windows open. The neighbor was mowing the lawn and this seemed to bother my Cham. She stayed high and hidden while he was mowing.
I know they don’t have external ears, but do have an inner ear. Could the frequency of the mower be something they can hear?
Thoughts?
I believe they do hear certain lower frequencies. They would probably feel some level of vibration too if it was loud enough.

I had my chameleon out today while the kids were riding their four wheelers around the neighborhood and the engine noise very clearly bothered him. It's interesting you bring this up because I was thinking the same thing today.

I strongly believe that motor sounds and their subsequent sub sonic vibrations are definitely something chameleons pick up on and are sensitive to.

Back
Top Bottom