Larger than life 40x30 Jacksons Chameleon in charcoal !!!

I'd bet money that if you wanted to make drawings for people for money, you could make a few sales on here. If you had a really nice one of a panther chameleon, I'd be the first in line.

Wicked art for sure. You definitely are talented. I too, would love to see more!
Getting payed for art is brutal, there are so many people who feel giving you bare minimum is good enough, for example an artist can take days if not weeks to complete a project, but if your not a known artist people will offer you pennies on the dollar. Most people can't tell a good experienced artist from a beginner so most people buy begginers art because it's a lot cheaper... smh, don't get me started, it took along time for me to start to value my work enough to decline offers. Money for art is complex thing...

Awesome charcoal piece btw... sorry for the rant
No it's ok. I know it true. It's just how it is. For instance even if I chose to sell this piece Id probably charge min 500$. It's huge and I poured well over 20 hours into it. The frame and matting alone were over 60$. Smaller pieces I'd charge much less of course. BUT I am not well known and just trying to get myself out there. My dream is to be in illustrator. I just really want to be stable in a company setting. But for now I am working towards my masters.

thought everyone would appreciate this!!This is my very large project. 42x30 drawing in charcoal on grey Matt board. It is ALMOST finished. A little tweaking left but just about finished!View attachment 168261
Tell me you are left handed! Lol! In my experience there are a lot of left handed people who are chameleon crazy! There is also a strong correlation between being a artist and being left handed! I suffer from all these coincidences! Lol! Amazing job on that piece of art!

You have extreme talent. I f it wasa fair world ,you would be a millionaire.
I don't want to be a millionaire. Just want to
Tell me you are left handed! Lol! In my experience there are a lot of left handed people who are chameleon crazy! There is also a strong correlation between being a artist and being left handed! I suffer from all these coincidences! Lol! Amazing job on that piece of art!
i am right handed hahah!!

Getting payed for art is brutal, there are so many people who feel giving you bare minimum is good enough, for example an artist can take days if not weeks to complete a project, but if your not a known artist people will offer you pennies on the dollar. Most people can't tell a good experienced artist from a beginner so most people buy begginers art because it's a lot cheaper... smh, don't get me started, it took along time for me to start to value my work enough to decline offers. Money for art is complex thing...

Totally understandable. I've seen some beginner art from some local artists in my area sell for hundreds of dollars. I totally understand that lots of time and effort goes into stuff like that. I know a guy I work with who paints pictures of famous people and he says his paintings take him about a month or more to do, working on them for 2 hours a day, every day. He wants a few thousand for one of his original works. That seems like a lot to anyone, sure, but so much time goes into a piece that makes it truly unique. If you have an original and it's the only one in the world, then paying a few hundred or even a thousand or more is completely understandable. Not many people can afford that though, hence all of the low ballers. That's how it works.... When you make a piece of art that is so neat, it intrigues everybody, and everybody wants it, but hardly anyone can afford it.

For instance even if I chose to sell this piece Id probably charge min 500$.

If it was a picture of MY CHAMELEON and not a bunch of different ideas all combined into one picture, then I would definitely be willing to pay $500 or a lil more for a charcoal drawing of my cham. I've always wanted a picture of my own chameleon on my wall and I've actually talked to a local watercolor artist about getting one done up for me. He does AMAZING art. Takes him about a week or a little more he said per painting. Dude teaches art at a school too and paints in all of his free time. Very very cool guy and very talented. We were discussing prices and it was a little over $600 but for a wicked painting that is unique to my animal and one-of-a-kind, no other like it in the world... I would pay that for sure. It would look very neat on my wall.

Hi Kelly-thanks for the info- is it a Nitram charcoal pencil?
You obviously have a great gift for using charcoal, not everyone can work it that finely and best of luck for the future.
Selling Art is tough- I sell my paintings- I paint medieval bestiary/ books of hours style works, gilding them with 24ct gold leaf. I also illustrate scientific style beetles and other insects- I wish I could do more of that as I love beetles, I always say making art is the easy bit- finding places to sell is the hard bit. Here getting a stall at a festival or fair is very expensive- even if you sold well it still doesn't always make financial sense.
Still you never know what's around the corner. Best of Luck. Brill drawing.:)

How come I'm left handed and can't do a thing in terms of building. I am an actor and songwriter

So if anyone is interested I sadly decided to place this up for sale. Asking just 300$ if you are in the Pensacola Area I can drive to meet as long as it's not over an hour. If so I would just need a little extra to compress the for gas. I also can ship but it would easily be upwards of an additional 100$. I am doing this as a means to buy some quad lights from light your reptiles.

Back
Top Bottom