Large Clear Side Atrium

Started building this today at 1:30; finished at 5:30. Was able to do it by myself (whopping 5'3" tall). I have three things to say:

1) The thought of stabbing holes in my new $600 enclosure is beyond terrifying, and cause for a heart attack. I may or may not have broken out in hives. The flip side is clear side material is stronger than it looks.
2) This thing is BADASS.
3) Thank you, Bill Strand, for making an enclosure that goes together right the first time, with all holes properly lined up. I will never buy another Reptibreeze again.

Attachments

• atrium.jpg
    atrium.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 239
... I want one. I've wanted a large clear side for some time, it's the forking out 300$ that's stopped me, that and the build wait.

Last edited:
... I want one. I've wanted a large clear side for some time, it's the forking out 300$ that's stopped me, that and the build wait.
The wait was hard - I waited 4 months. But, I don't actually have the animal that's going in here, and my other animals are all housed for adulthood.. The cost... all I can say is every single piece fits together seamlessly, with no alteration and no struggling... It's worth it.

Rack - it's even on sale now.. Capacity is 1000lb distributed per shelf, so it's solid and heavy. Gonna use the other half of it for a different enclosure I have. https://www.menards.com/main/storag...1-c-12652.htm?tid=-7944835332655592957&ipos=2
So what I am loving about the way you set this up is the fact that the drip pan sits below it on the shelf. Mine rests on the drip pan and the cage is much too heavy to try to do a thorough cleaning on the drip pan. So I have to wet vac out mine (I was too scared to do a gravity drain) Then with the cleaner try to get in and clean it well. I like that you can pull the whole drip tray out to clean. Also I like that you still have the easy drip tray but you have the ability to place weight on the bottom with the rack. How do you think the rack shelf will hold up to the moisture?

So what I am loving about the way you set this up is the fact that the drip pan sits below it on the shelf. Mine rests on the drip pan and the cage is much too heavy to try to do a thorough cleaning on the drip pan. So I have to wet vac out mine (I was too scared to do a gravity drain) Then with the cleaner try to get in and clean it well. I like that you can pull the whole drip tray out to clean. Also I like that you still have the easy drip tray but you have the ability to place weight on the bottom with the rack. How do you think the rack shelf will hold up to the moisture?
You can not pull the drip pan out. That's why I left enough room for me to get an arm in there and reach all the way back. I also have it tilted forward just a bit so the water collects at the front, making it easier to vacuum out. I also use distilled water in my mister, so I don't get the weird white film... The rack shelves are heavy duty stainless, so I would assume it will hold up fine.

Back
Top Bottom