NEW Dragon Strand Clear Side! AKA Beman's Mansion!

Oh dear. Geo’s set up is 90 percent those vines! I guess I’m gonna have to get a better enclosure that you can mount branches to. The exo terra vines were sooo convenient. I had 4 of every size wrapped in that thing...... this is gonna get expensive.....
Honestly I spent about 250 plus on fake vines and the exo terra jungle trees. Then spent 40 on the wood. I would have saved so much money had I known better. You can buy the dragon ledges to fit other cages like diy and zoomed brands.

Honestly I spent about 250 plus on fake vines and the exo terra jungle trees. Then spent 40 on the wood. I would have saved so much money had I known better. You can buy the dragon ledges to fit other cages like diy and zoomed brands.
That’s good to know. I will look into getting them for the Reptibreeze. You aren’t gonna give me an excuse to get a new dragon strand are you....

That’s good to know. I will look into getting them for the Reptibreeze. You aren’t gonna give me an excuse to get a new dragon strand are you....
Well I am happy to do that as well lol!!!! It is a far superior cage. You can’t beat the drain pan options. Mine is a drip easy drain pan which is freaking amazing! I actually ordered an extra set of ledges too lol. Gotta love clearside material keeping my walls nice and dry!!! The only modification I made is I did decide to screen my door panel. My humidity level gets to 70percent during the day which is way higher then I want it. So I screened the door panel so that the airflow would work better with the dehumidifier I bought for the room.

See what I mean...everytime I turn around @Beman is throwin out knowledge like a frisbee. Or maybe like Oprah..you gets some knowledge and you get some knowledge!!! lol!
Lol omg don’t make me laugh I’m trying to get sleepy!!!!
It goes to show you all though that this is a constant learning process for all of us!

Well I am happy to do that as well lol!!!! It is a far superior cage. You can’t beat the drain pan options. Mine is a drip easy drain pan which is freaking amazing! I actually ordered an extra set of ledges too lol. Gotta love clearside material keeping my walls nice and dry!!! The only modification I made is I did decide to screen my door panel. My humidity level gets to 70percent during the day which is way higher then I want it. So I screened the door panel so that the airflow would work better with the dehumidifier I bought for the room.
So can I order one with only 2 clear sides? My humidity is actually pretty solid with 4 screened sides, but I am getting the wall behind the enclosure a little damp after mistings. That’s why the clear sides was appealing.

Lol omg don’t make me laugh I’m trying to get sleepy!!!!
It goes to show you all though that this is a constant learning process for all of us!
See what I mean...everytime I turn around @Beman is throwin out knowledge like a frisbee. Or maybe like Oprah..you gets some knowledge and you get some knowledge!!! lol!
If she could only give out new dragon strands like Oprah gives out cars..... “you get a car! You get a car! You get a car”....lol

So can I order one with only 2 clear sides? My humidity is actually pretty solid with 4 screened sides, but I am getting the wall behind the enclosure a little damp after mistings. That’s why the clear sides was appealing.
I am sure you can ask Bill about getting one with just the side and back in clearside. He is pretty awesome. I actually ordered mine as is and then I screened the door panel when I realized how high my readings were in the new place we moved into.

you can use a shower curtain and hook it to the back of the enclosure to keep the spray in. ;)

Im holding you too that! We will know when you win too because you'll end up buying a new house with a greenhouse bigger than your house just for all your chams haha
LOL Pretty much! With a roof that automatically open up with the touch of a switch like they have at some indoor pools. I would have to build @jamest0o0 a big parson's room where he could do everything he has always wanted to for his. He needs a big space so the cage would not suffice for him.
I have always thought it would be amazing to win the lottery. Not totally for what I could do for my mother or daughter but also for what I could do for others. But I am a sap that way lol.

LOL Pretty much! With a roof that automatically open up with the touch of a switch like they have at some indoor pools. I would have to build @jamest0o0 a big parson's room where he could do everything he has always wanted to for his. He needs a big space so the cage would not suffice for him.
I have always thought it would be amazing to win the lottery. Not totally for what I could do for my mother or daughter but also for what I could do for others. But I am a sap that way lol.

You're just so nice to me today. My heart is melting

For those that find this thread later... Got weird bugs that ate their way out of the michaels branches... So I went to the beach and brought back a ton of drift wood. Cleaned it and dried it out for a week to use in the cage.

Updated everything. Created a frame of bamboo to attach to the dragon ledges to be able to attach all over the enclosure. I was able to use the 4 inches of the back of the cage and 4 inches to the front as well as about 6 additional inches on each side of the back panel by doing it this way.

I like the look much better and I like that I have been able to use much more of the enclosure by making the frame.

framework 6-21-19.jpg

Front of the cage

cage front 6-21-19.jpg

basking level...

basking level 6-21-19.jpg

cage side view in...

cage side 6-21-19.jpg

For those that find this thread later... Got weird bugs that ate their way out of the michaels branches... So I went to the beach and brought back a ton of drift wood. Cleaned it and dried it out for a week to use in the cage.

Updated everything. Created a frame of bamboo to attach to the dragon ledges to be able to attach all over the enclosure. I was able to use the 4 inches of the back of the cage and 4 inches to the front as well as about 6 additional inches on each side of the back panel by doing it this way.

I like the look much better and I like that I have been able to use much more of the enclosure by making the frame.

View attachment 236846

Front of the cage

View attachment 236847

basking level...

View attachment 236848

cage side view in...

View attachment 236849
I didn’t know you played Tetris lol looks great, kinda have cage envy now. Get some rest dragon queen

Back
Top Bottom