NEW Dragon Strand Clear Side! AKA Beman's Mansion!

For those that find this thread later... Got weird bugs that ate their way out of the michaels branches... So I went to the beach and brought back a ton of drift wood. Cleaned it and dried it out for a week to use in the cage.

Updated everything. Created a frame of bamboo to attach to the dragon ledges to be able to attach all over the enclosure. I was able to use the 4 inches of the back of the cage and 4 inches to the front as well as about 6 additional inches on each side of the back panel by doing it this way.

I like the look much better and I like that I have been able to use much more of the enclosure by making the frame.

View attachment 236846

Front of the cage

View attachment 236847

basking level...

View attachment 236848

cage side view in...

View attachment 236849
One of these days you're going to have to draw out a diagram for me of how you made the frame. I'm sure it's very straight forward, but also I am needy and work best with picture instructions :ROFLMAO: this looks awesome and you deserve a kings feast!

Wow, that looks really great, I'm sure he's loving it
Thanks hun! Right now he is doing the slow walk everywhere in there... I think he is making sure he is alone. :hilarious: It is pretty funny watching him this morning. But I think he will like it much better. I really pulled the vines everywhere this time. So they are not heavy in one area. So now he can get through them and wander much more.

For those that find this thread later... Got weird bugs that ate their way out of the michaels branches... So I went to the beach and brought back a ton of drift wood. Cleaned it and dried it out for a week to use in the cage.

Updated everything. Created a frame of bamboo to attach to the dragon ledges to be able to attach all over the enclosure. I was able to use the 4 inches of the back of the cage and 4 inches to the front as well as about 6 additional inches on each side of the back panel by doing it this way.

I like the look much better and I like that I have been able to use much more of the enclosure by making the frame.

View attachment 236846

Front of the cage

View attachment 236847

basking level...

View attachment 236848

cage side view in...

View attachment 236849

Love looking at your threads for ideas for my enclosure. Where did you get the bambo rods from? I'll have to do something like this for my clearside enclosure.

Love looking at your threads for ideas for my enclosure. Where did you get the bambo rods from? I'll have to do something like this for my clearside enclosure.
Awwww lol thanks! yes! the rods. Go to your local nursery or like lowes that has their nursery section. They have all different lengths and diameters. I got the ones that are a half inch diameter and 6 feet long. I only paid 89 cents each. I think I used 8 total 6 foot pieces. I just cut them to the exact length I wanted. Just watch how you lay them on with the ledges so you dont get too close to the clearside. If you are too close then you end up having issues when you go to zip tie your branches to them.

This worked really really well for me. You will see what I mean when you get the ledges. They do not run enough of the length to truly utilize every square inch of the space you really have to work with. :)

Back
Top Bottom