Kinyongia Fischeri General info / caresheet

FWIW, I did not find this species to be too intolerant of a basking spot with the temperatures in that range in the care sheet. Ideally, I would have liked to keep them a little cooler, but where the enclosure was made it not entirely possible. K. boehmei is a very active and fun species! The female I worked with was ALWAYS moving around and she was quite beautiful. I hope to keep them again someday.

Chase

They seem to like flying prey better, so if you don't have them get some flies and/or Black Soldier flies. That said mine also eats small dubias, silks, and crickets as long as it is after a fast day. Won't eat BSF larvae, I think they move too slowly.
Check! Already using BSL, BSLF dubia’s, red runners, silks and locusts.

That room sounds great, and the cooler at night the better, I can only manage about 67 degrees at night in the summer for the boehmei but would do lower if I could
I’m gonna measure today the exact temps of the room. Govee is just perfect for that.

Hi! I'm willing to bet it is K. Boehmei. I'm not sure why - but a lot of them are coming in and popping up lately, and almost always labeled as Dwarf Fischers. To know if its K Boehmei, look at its back. K Boehmei will have spikes along its back only about half way down the back. Dwarf Fischers do not have these little spikes on their back at all. Either way, they are also extremely likely to be wild caught. My pair were, and I love them to death.... but be sure to ask if they've been treated for parasites /worms. Try to get an honest answer without pressure but telling them you just dont want to treat them if they've already been treated. Pancur you can get OTC (I think), and I just put a little on a feeder since they are so small. That would help with worms but not with other parasites. Best bet is to get a fecal done rather than just blindly treat. If you have other chameleons or reptiles, you also need to exercise care and cleanliness so that you don't transfer any parasites or issues to the other animals.

I can't speak to Dwarf Fischers, but I'd expect the care is really similar to K. Boehmei. Here's a link to my experience with them, which outlines the temps and what I feed/supplement. https://www.chameleonforums.com/species/kinyongia-boehmei.147/experience/26/

The most important thing with these guys is managing temps and night time humidity. They stress over 80 degrees, so no basking light, unless you really need one over winter. Even then, make it a very low wattage so its just adding a bit of ambient heat, NOT a hot spot. My guys go up near their dual T5 lights for warmth - where it gets to be around 75-78 degrees. The rest of the cage is low-mid 70s. Overnight temps drop to 60-65. If you can get it lower, even better. Night time fogging is recommended. I like to spray all my guys in late afternoon and/or evening - as they drink more readily later in the day, but that also gets the humidity up during the evening, and I only fog for a few hours overnight.
Thanks, this is very useful. I try to get a picture today and reserve the little one. It´s getting really excited, because what I can remember is that he has the same size as my female veiled at 3 months (mouse size). Either this is already an adult K. Boehmei or it´s Dwarf Fischers.

According the Govee Home app, it´s 61.2 degrees at the moment and this would be a consistent temperature, because there´s no direct sunlight that can warm this room and it´s (soundproof) isolated, old mancave / listening room. Humidity on the other hand is 60%, maybe it will drop a little further.

When I would use an Arcadia T5 6% 24 watt and a Jungledawn led bar 34 watt, would this provide enough heat? I know the led bar also provides some heat.

If its K Boehmei - they are very active, and very small. I would not free range, as if you lose sight of them you may never find them. And all chams can be escape artists when they want to be. These guys are no bigger than a mouse... and extremely good at hiding / blending. Half the time I can't find me, and they are almost always right in front of my eyes.
Okay, I´ll probably go for the same principal as my free-range setting, only I´ll close it with screen from mesh, I think. Already got some ideas, because I don´t wanna use a commercial Exo Terra or Zoomed enclosure and Dragonstrand or Zen I can´t buy in Europe. I build everything around a Schefflera tree.

Sounds perfect, love active camouflaging critters :cool:

O my 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍
Such a cute boy!! His coloring is unbelievable.

unfortunately they don’t reserve him, just till max. Monday and till then I can’t buy and build the needed stuff. Even if I pay him completely, which is btw $150.00.

476A7A2B-437D-475F-BEDA-52CF0281F09B.jpeg
BC649F2A-823D-449F-AA88-7B05FBF20E47.jpeg
B1F1B55D-CF99-446C-BD7F-DD7024093F55.jpeg

No real big spikes. This is their description. They recommend a pretty large enclosure 40”-24”-40” and 14” of body length

849E7E96-A9B3-4B35-8B10-A4977904D65F.jpeg

Yep, as I figured that is Kinyongia boehmei. Funny enough- the picture they used on the card isn’t Kinyongia fischeri either :)

He looks to be in pretty good shape too!

Okay, I´ll probably go for the same principal as my free-range setting, only I´ll close it with screen from mesh, I think. Already got some ideas, because I don´t wanna use a commercial Exo Terra or Zoomed enclosure and Dragonstrand or Zen I can´t buy in Europe. I build everything around a Schefflera tree.

Sounds perfect, love active camouflaging critters :cool:
Agree with Snitz, the degree of camouflage is just unbelievable. I too will look and look and look at then realize a little pair of eyes from the "lump" on the vine is pointing up at me. At other times when I open the door to feed him, he is somewhere hiding..and emerges very fast for his meal!

Since you'd have to get him right away he might have to live on a tree for a couple of days as mine did..

Also agree with testing for parasites right away. You could get lucky as I did and not have any but is good to know as you have other pets.

Since you'd have to get him right away he might have to live on a tree for a couple of days as mine did..
I don’t have any equipment, only the big free range setup for my female veiled. Which is a huge Schefflera tree.

The pet store doesn’t have any uv equipment, and therefore need to order everything online.
So it will take a few days before I’m up and running.

Hooray! You will fall in love. Now go spoil him!
We both are and the muse pulled the trigger for him. What a beautiful species and he was all so relaxed on his ride home on his Schefflera. Now I need to build him the best enclosure for maximum spoiling.

Also really surprised if there beautiful coloration, just wauw.

Thanks everyone for the stimulans and info ✌🏻

His temporary enclosure is already 10 times larger and better then where he spent his first year, poor fella!

3884E41A-C435-41BA-9495-39C17770C686.jpeg

We both are and the muse pulled the trigger for him. What a beautiful species and he was all so relaxed on his ride home on his Schefflera. Now I need to build him the best enclosure for maximum spoiling.

His temporary enclosure is already 10 times larger and better then where he spent his first year, poor fella!

View attachment 302367
Awesome! And I love your bonsai :)

View attachment 302367
Congrats.... Get a fecal done asap. And do not cross contaminate anything between the two chams. Make sure he is not crawling on her free range etc. Should he have a parasite issue you do not want her picking it up.

Congrats.... Get a fecal done asap. And do not cross contaminate anything between the two chams. Make sure he is not crawling on her free range etc. Should he have a parasite issue you do not want her picking it up.
Check, this will be the first thing to do this week. First his needs poop and eat 🙈
And nope no cross contamination, Bella can’t even get close to him. Bought today all the stuff I need and tomorrow morning I’ll finish his (bioactive) enclosure and afterwards he goes to the other room, there he’s better off for the night temps.

All with all, DAMN I’M EXCITED 🙃

Will keep you posted 😉

Check, this will be the first thing to do this week. First his needs poop and eat 🙈
And nope no cross contamination, Bella can’t even get close to him. Bought today all the stuff I need and tomorrow morning I’ll finish his (bioactive) enclosure and afterwards he goes to the other room, there he’s better off for the night temps.

All with all, DAMN I’M EXCITED 🙃

Will keep you posted 😉
keep in mind if the fecal comes back positive... depending on what it is you will have to toss all plants and bioactive sub-strait.

Back
Top Bottom