Kinyongia Fischeri General info / caresheet

😱😱😳😳 good point, that I didn’t know. Okay, change of plans, THANKS ✌🏻👌🏻
Not all parasites are the same. Some are much harder to get rid of. The reinfection cycle is also an issue. The oocysts come out in the fecal. Fecal lands on the plant/ branch then falls to the floor. Cham walks through where the fecal was and carries the oocysts with it. Then happens to drink from a contaminated spot. Picks up an oocyst and the reinfection cycle happens again.

Personally being as how this guy is wild caught I would get two fecals done to make sure he is really clean. Don't just count on the first one if it comes back clear of parasites. Depending on where the parasite is in its cycle they do not always show up in the fecal.

Not all parasites are the same. Some are much harder to get rid of. The reinfection cycle is also an issue. The oocysts come out in the fecal. Fecal lands on the plant/ branch then falls to the floor. Cham walks through where the fecal was and carries the oocysts with it. Then happens to drink from a contaminated spot. Picks up an oocyst and the reinfection cycle happens again.

Personally being as how this guy is wild caught I would get two fecals done to make sure he is really clean. Don't just count on the first one if it comes back clear of parasites. Depending on where the parasite is in its cycle they do not always show up in the fecal.
Thanks, very useful information.

Just a little side note, he’s no “wild catch”, he’s from a breeder I got all the papers with him including his CITES number. Needed to fill out 3 forms before I could take him. And was already from the 5th may 2020 in their possession for sale, and could see who the breeder was. I know this doesn’t mean anything and could still be wild catch.

Still with the above mentioned, I’ll go for a fecal test Monday.

Happy with all the input 🤙🏻

I’d be very interested to see how the fecal comes back. If he’s been at that shop for a year, chances are he’s not got a heavy parasite load (most shops aren’t going to dump the money into testing and treatment- this cuts into profit).

Chase

I’d be very interested to see how the fecal comes back. If he’s been at that shop for a year, chances are he’s not got a heavy parasite load (most shops aren’t going to dump the money into testing and treatment- this cuts into profit).

Chase
Jip, that’s why I don’t wanna take the risk.

Since you’re in Europe, there is a chance he’s not a wild caught as there are more breeders working with this species over there
They say he isn’t. And also told me Yemen’s and Panthers are going wild, they come in and are gone within 2 weeks. This little fella nobody showed interesse in, a shame!

Thanks, very useful information.

Just a little side note, he’s no “wild catch”, he’s from a breeder I got all the papers with him including his CITES number. Needed to fill out 3 forms before I could take him. And was already from the 5th may 2020 in their possession for sale, and could see who the breeder was. I know this doesn’t mean anything and could still be wild catch.

Still with the above mentioned, I’ll go for a fecal test Monday.

Happy with all the input 🤙🏻
Just better to be safe then sorry... I have dealt with Coccidia and it was not a good experience for me. Ended really badly. Anytime you bring in a new chameleon to your home and other chameleons it is a best practice to get a fecal done. You just never know. And sadly not all situations turn out well.

Just better to be safe then sorry... I have dealt with Coccidia and it was not a good experience for me. Ended really badly. Anytime you bring in a new chameleon to your home and other chameleons it is a best practice to get a fecal done. You just never know. And sadly not all situations turn out well.
That’s my thought also. Okay, gonna do my homework tonight about Coccidia✌🏻

Back
Top Bottom