k. oxyrhina copulation

melrito

Well, after a few very cold days, and a nice sunny day today, I put the pair together and the male started head bobbing immediately. The female was light green with purple and yellow spots and the male turned almost fluorescent green with a bright bluish/purple nose.

It took them a few minutes since she had placed herself under the misting nozzle and he couldn't figure out how to get to her, but after I moved it, there was success :). Copulation didn't take very long (10 minutes), but they did copulate twice and now the girl is a light grayish brown color.

Attachments

• P1030339 (600x449).jpg
    P1030339 (600x449).jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 319
  • P1030344 (600x449).jpg
    P1030344 (600x449).jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 296
  • P1030347 (600x449).jpg
    P1030347 (600x449).jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 289
  • P1030351 (600x449).jpg
    P1030351 (600x449).jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 362
Hell yeah!!! That is absolutely awesome!!! Congrats!! I hope it he got the job done and the female lays with no problems.

This is great news. Im super excited for you!!!!

and here's a picture of the girl I took yesterday...

Attachments

• P1030312 (600x416).jpg
    P1030312 (600x416).jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 336
That is wonderful news!! With any luck things from here will go super smooth. She is just stunning in her after colors! I will have my fingers crossed for you. Do you know the normal gestation once she lays?

no freaking way?!!! I am beyond excited for you! Thats my champ! haha, I definitely want first dibs on their offspring!:) woohoo.

AWESOME with all capital letters!!! It's great to see success with something that isn't that common. Best of luck!

Oh no buddy!!! U aint part of the "Cult"......:p:rolleyes:
I get first dibs!!!!! You worry about the tenuis......

Umm no. She got her male from me buddy. And if anyone is after me its Jared:) I just hope it was a successful copulation and the eggs are fertile and melrito has the chameleon gods on her side and gets some cute little baby oxys:)

I was just looking at Eientrauti's/Bennys' female on the cham forums calender earlier today and commenting on how pretty the females are. No offense to Benny but she puts the one on the calender to shame. Thats a gorgeous cham. Good luck with laying & incubation.....

This is just great news. That is something that a c/b is an event. The forum will celebrate with you.:D:D Congrats!!!

Reactions: Hoj
Nice nice nice. Here's what I had to say back in the summer when you got these chams. I think it is even more poignant now in terms of your success and the importance of those little embryos:

Ya well for the distributors it is best to scatter their quota to different countries -- a pair here a pair there -- that way it is nearly impossible for a breeder here to get a good colony going and compete with them in the market. It also increases the value and price of the one pair they DO send.

Even with that one pair all you need to do is hatch out 4 babies and you are officially the biggest breeder of the species. I think you should go for it. The animals are here in the states now so someone might as well take a shot at breeding them!

Back
Top Bottom