Juvi Melleri behavior

Jimturner

Established Member
As I was cleaning cages today, one of my two juvi mellers that live together full time, climbed onto my arm. I placed it in a large ficus and continued to clean. The other climbed out as well so I placed it in the tree too. The first juvi flared up and did all the same crazy behaviours as my adults did when introduced. Head bobs, lobe flaps, tail lashing and lurching! The other responded by darkening its colours and charging! The one who instigated the conflict turned and ran. They have always been housed together and I never expected this reaction. They posed at each other for a few minutes till I broke it up by placing them back in their cage. I watched them for a while and all seems fine again. Odd little weirdos.

lol my veiled was housed with a female at the reptile shop i get my animals from and i tried bringing her home into my males cage and he was just not having it, i tried putting her in then him then she was the problem. i dnt understand them so i just sent her back cause im new with chams and felt i needed some experience before trying this.

lol my veiled was housed with a female at the reptile shop i get my animals from and i tried bringing her home into my males cage and he was just not having it, i tried putting her in then him then she was the problem. i dnt understand them so i just sent her back cause im new with chams and felt i needed some experience before trying this.

Veilds should not be housed together. But thats for a different thread.

Jim, Im sure it was probably a territorial dispute over who gets the tree, their cage is established as "shared" territory, but when introduced to the tree they thought of it as new territory. Just a thought, mine have done this before when out of the cage, but after a few minutes gone back to normal.

Veilds should not be housed together. But thats for a different thread.

Jim, Im sure it was probably a territorial dispute over who gets the tree, their cage is established as "shared" territory, but when introduced to the tree they thought of it as new territory. Just a thought, mine have done this before when out of the cage, but after a few minutes gone back to normal.

awsome logical guess:D
and my interst thickens for these species:cool:

Jim, Im sure it was probably a territorial dispute over who gets the tree, their cage is established as "shared" territory, but when introduced to the tree they thought of it as new territory.

This is exactly what I was thinking. New trees new rules lol

Yea.. thats kinda what I was thinking as well. It was quite comical to see the little ones acting all fierce and tough. It kinda shocked me when the second one charged but the lippy one scurried out of the way. lots of baby stink eye action! LOL

Back
Top Bottom