Just wondering...

So my male veiled, Yoshi, is almost a year old now. I've never had any major issues with him and he is very beautiful and very healthy. The only thing is, he's pretty small for a male veiled. He's probably about 6-7 inches snout to vent. I have seen some HUGE veileds, and I've even seen some females bigger than him. I'm not too worried about it, I'm just wondering if anyone knows why some chams just don't grow as big as others.

As Chamero stated, veileds come in different sizes.
Also, ocassionly you will get a late bloomer. So hopefully that will be the case.

It's not uncommon for the same species to vary in size quite considerably. I can't remember where I saw it, but there were two panthers pretty close to one another, one 7 months, one a year something, and the 7 month one was a good 3" bigger than the other. You never would have guessed the ages were that way round. It was quite crazy but it does happen, so don't worry!

It's not uncommon for the same species to vary in size quite considerably. I can't remember where I saw it, but there were two panthers pretty close to one another, one 7 months, one a year something, and the 7 month one was a good 3" bigger than the other. You never would have guessed the ages were that way round. It was quite crazy but it does happen, so don't worry!

Wow, thats pretty funny. I guess chams are just like people.....haha:cool:

Back
Top Bottom