Just got bit....

FurciferLord

so sometimes I hand feed my panther, and just about 15 min ago he shot at a cricket on my finger and mis-fired and pulled my finger and the cricket into his mouth! HOLY SMOKES! let me tell you that hurt sooo bad LOL. hes totally fine no damage to him, because he ate 2 more superworms after that now hes just chillin outside, but man that hurt! Ive had 2 foot monitors and large snakes bite me and I swear it rivals that in pain, just thought I would share my pain lol

haha i get bit daily now as my camo has no tounge as only hand feed but he dosent chop down very hard, sounds like you guy did LoL

haha i get bit daily now as my camo has no tounge as only hand feed but he dosent chop down very hard, sounds like you guy did LoL

haha yea he drew blood! he chomped down twice than let go for the cricket, my other chams never bit me so it was a first. I gotta hand it to the crickets though, they still squirm after being bit a few times lol, tough little buggers...

How did he pull your hand in? That's some mean tongue action!

I just had the cricket sitting on my index finger and right as he was going for it the cricket decided it was a good time to start moving so he caught my finger and the cricket like half and half lol, and I didn't want to rip my finger out and damage anything so I kinda helped him do it lol note to self dont let that happen again

Never pull your hand away. Always let your hand go towards their mouth and let them bite you if they need to. You can seriously damage their tongues if you dont.

Yeah when I hand feed crix I always hold em by the ends of the back leggs. That way they have the whole body and head to shot at. Usually they try and shoot for the head of the feeders. And the worst bite Ive had was actually from a wc female. She drew blood and left a nice little v shaped mark on my finger for a few days. But I like the feisty ones.....

You should be glad it was a panther and not a veiled. A male veiled can do some major damage. people have needed stitches from a veiled bite. I have been bit by a veiled but not that badly. Real wake up call isn't it?

Back
Top Bottom