Jackson Female Dark Brown (Solved)

RBCam

So Honestly still figuring the whole Chameleon thing out and find out new stuff everyday. About 6 weeks ago I went out of town and my wife was watching my Female Jackson Shirley. She called one day and said that she turned brown and would not change back to green. I assumed she was not watering properly or taking her out of the cage too much. Had to be her fault (Right)?:) Well I got home and sure enough she was dark and has been that way for weeks rarely changing to the pretty green she was when I got her a few months ago. She ate fine drank fine pooped fine so I tried looking for things that might be upsetting her. I took her to the vet and she checked out to be in good health. I changed over to more roaches and less crickets and learned about gut loading better. Started to think it was the dogs that upset her (She never noticed them before). I put more leaves in her cage to shield her more from seeing the dogs and nothing was working. So I got a new stand for her cage over the weekend and today she was up in the basking area standing up looking out and I positioned myself to look where she was looking and noticed the problem. Over 19 feet away on the fireplace was a stuffed toy Chameleon my wife purchased about the same time the problem started. I moved it out of the room and next time I walked by Shirley she was greener than I have seen her in weeks. :D
I have done a lot of research and learned a lot about Chameleons in theses past weeks and realize there will always be more to learn. But I am having fun with them for sure.
IMG_2736.jpg

Ha! I don't doubt it for a second. Their eyesight is amazingly good.
Hope your girl is feeling better now :D

That is amazing! Thanks for the good belly laugh. Dirty rascals! Driving us crazy with worry. Gotta love 'em!

yep, had the same thing when my friend gave me a realistic looking stuffed iggy - but the eyes on that little stuffed toy - eeeee - I can see why she was upset - LOL
good detective work Watson ;)

Back
Top Bottom