It`s not great news

Well we`ve just arrived home with our brave little Gizzy. She took the biggest drink i`ve ever seen and is now settled in her viv hiding in the greenery. She just looks so small and frail. The vet showed me what he removed and it was just unbelievable two large jars, one full of eggs and one full of ovaries and folicles.

Thanks Tiff - She really is amazingly strong and is still a stunning colour (barring her scars). She clung onto my hand the whole way home and it was brilliant just to see her again. I would certainly do it all again regardless of the costs - having her home is just priceless :D Pic was taken about 10 mins ago - sorry not too good, but i did it far afar so not to upset her.

Attachments

• gizzy 003.jpg
    gizzy 003.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 93
Awww, bless her - what a little trooper! She'll feel even better now she's home with you and in familiar surroundings again! You must be so pleased to have her home again! Please do keep us posted on her progress.

Great news!!!

I just had to check in and see how she was doing. I can't tell you how happy I am for both you and Gizzy are going to be home together as you should be. What a little tuffy she is to make past surgery and start getting better this quick. Still have everything crossed, keep us updated & try to relax now.:)

Well on the road to recovery

I got up at 5.30am to check on Gizzy who was still fast asleep and oblivious to the fuss she`s caused, lol. She woke at 7am and had lots to drink and 3 bugs and a wax worm for a treat too :D The dark coloured stripes she had across the scars have gone already and as i type she is wandering her viv. She`s a lot slower than usual, but looks pretty good for what she`s been through. I only wish i had half of the determination she has. I guess she knows how much we all wanted her to get better :D I only have one problem now and that is how on earth can i get her to take her medicine ? I just cannot persuade her to open her mouth :eek:

I got up at 5.30am to check on Gizzy who was still fast asleep and oblivious to the fuss she`s caused, lol. She woke at 7am and had lots to drink and 3 bugs and a wax worm for a treat too :D The dark coloured stripes she had across the scars have gone already and as i type she is wandering her viv. She`s a lot slower than usual, but looks pretty good for what she`s been through. I only wish i had half of the determination she has. I guess she knows how much we all wanted her to get better :D I only have one problem now and that is how on earth can i get her to take her medicine ? I just cannot persuade her to open her mouth :eek:

Injecting it into feeder bugs is an option.... sometimes I offer food and while they are chewing I put a drop in their mouth... just be careful she doesn't bite down on the dropper.

Thanks for that Summoner - I will have a go at that on the next dose. I just managed to persuade her to open up for a drink of water and sneaked in the medicine :D

I am so glad to hear that Gizzy is home and doing well. I was so worried about her. May she continue to have a speedy recovery. Jann

I don't even mess with trying to get medicine in their mouths. I inject a roach or a superworm. Inject either of those in the belly.

I am really happy she is doing so well.

Thanks for that - I think injecting her food is going to be the only way to get her to take the medicine as she just will not entertain it today.

We took her back to the vets this afternoon for another antibiotic shot and they were really pleased with her - she certainly gave the vet what for when she jabbed her. The vet is still worried about peritonitis due to the large amount of white fluid they flushed from Gizzy`s abdomen so she will need another shot on Thursday and then they will teach us to give her them at home :eek: I`m not sure i can do it, but the trips are really starting to take their toll on poor Gizzy. When we got home she had a big drink and went off to bed, but we did notice her eyes have gone a bit sunken again :(

Back
Top Bottom