Great news! She’s finally eating!

Khrysjam

I’m a newbie to the forums and have learned so much looking through everyone’s threads. Thanks to everyone who has given tips and advice whenever I post.

I rescued my girl a few weeks ago. She’s been getting treated by a vet, gone through surgery and slowly recovering after improper care.

I’m excited to say yesterday she finally ate on her own after a month and a half of being fed by hand! Her aim is still off so it took her a few times before she hit the feeders but I’m really excited she’s starting to improve.

I knew y’all would be the people to share the happy news with and share my enthusiasm.

Snapped this pic of Luna in her yoga poses the other day lol I can’t wait to keep digging through resources and learning more on how to care for this girl.

Yay for improvements!

Attachments

• B5841693-295A-48AC-8E50-95530B448542.jpeg
    B5841693-295A-48AC-8E50-95530B448542.jpeg
    174 KB · Views: 48
  • D226887A-ECFC-4BD0-9371-7AC6E14A54C9.jpeg
    D226887A-ECFC-4BD0-9371-7AC6E14A54C9.jpeg
    110.2 KB · Views: 49
Bravo! bravo! I am so happy for you. Yes this is big! Finnaly eating on her own. What a great nurse you are! You might want to put some cut up collard greens out for her everyday. it is so high in vit A,K,C,B6 that woukd be so good for her also its an easy bit to eat with no hunting. Try it for a week or two and see if she will try it. Just change it everyday. I keep mine in the frig in a vase with water at the botyom that way a bunch will last forever. Keep up the great work. She is so lucky to have you!

So happy to hear that Luna is doing so much better. Thanks to all your love and care keep us updated please

This is awsome glad she ate! I noticed you have live plants in her enclosure so i would just stick with incescts for food. Chameleons dont eat greens for nutritional value but for roughage to help digest. So save those heathy greens for your tummy!!!

Bravo! bravo! I am so happy for you. Yes this is big! Finnaly eating on her own. What a great nurse you are! You might want to put some cut up collard greens out for her everyday. it is so high in vit A,K,C,B6 that woukd be so good for her also its an easy bit to eat with no hunting. Try it for a week or two and see if she will try it. Just change it everyday. I keep mine in the frig in a vase with water at the botyom that way a bunch will last forever. Keep up the great work. She is so lucky to have you!
Thanks for the tip!

This is awsome glad she ate! I noticed you have live plants in her enclosure so i would just stick with incescts for food. Chameleons dont eat greens for nutritional value but for roughage to help digest. So save those heathy greens for your tummy!!!
Oh yea, she definitely has tons of plants to choose from if she wants to munch on vegetation. Sticking to my feeders! Thank you 🙌🏼

Back
Top Bottom