Isopod feeders

If you don’t mind me asking, what we’re you experienced with bsfl??
I tried them for my beardie when he was still a baby. He's.... got a very.... (can't think of the right word...) fussy(?) feeding response; he won't eat anything that isn't moving—a lot. :LOL:

My first order of BSFL arrived with 67%-75% pupated/pupating larvae. This has no effect on nutritional value, but they weren't wiggling to his satisfaction. I tried all the tricks (rinsing, warming) but no go. I contacted the vendor, and they replaced the order with fresh stock (no hassles), but by the time they arrived, he'd grown so much (I had bought other feeders locally to fill in with) that I had to feed him 2-3 times as many, and went through them much faster than planned. I'd also gotten a large order of dubias, so I didn't bother with the BSFL anymore.

I'm not assigning fault or blame; it just didn't work out for me. That's why I still recommend them; they're fine feeders. Do pay attention to size though. I don't know the best size for chameleons at different ages or sizes. I'm sure others will know.

I’m teasing her, but I’m quite serious about it lmao. I have been wondering for a while how many dubias a day a person would need to be healthy?
Wouldn't that depend on the size, or were you figuring all adult? :unsure:
I keep thinking the wings would get caught between one's teeth. :rolleyes:

Hope you give my recipe 5 stars! Im super serious though! There’s tons of studies about the nutrition of our feeders because people are now eating them as part of their “normal” diet. Ew!
Girl not going to lie I keep looking at the hisser and craving to bite into them. I’m missing a vitamin in my life I’m sure. Don’t they look yummy, so plump like a plum

Attachments

• 4C978C84-FF0E-4E66-B675-5F6830D7532F.jpeg
    4C978C84-FF0E-4E66-B675-5F6830D7532F.jpeg
    324.5 KB · Views: 128
Girl not going to lie I keep looking at the hisser and craving to bite into them. I’m missing a vitamin in my life I’m sure. Don’t they look yummy, so plump like a plum
Lmao I think the hissers look like they would be the tastiest, all fat and plump! I’m thinking ? fried in a peanut oil with salt and pepper...

Back
Top Bottom