Is stubby a boy or a girl?

pssh

Avid Member
This is Stubby. Stubby McGee is also acceptable. Stubby's tail isn't all there. Is Stubby a boy or a girl?

DSC_1339.jpg

i'm going with girl also..... "she's" too cute, with or without a tail...

just curious,,,, do you know what happened to it?? lisa

Nope, wild caught and came in that way. I was thinking girl also, but I just wanted to make sure.

I am going to say you have a little girl there. Now I could be wrong as I don't know to much about Dwarfs. Adorable though whatever you have!

You have a sweet little girl who does not deserve to be call Stubby Come on Kara you can do better that that.:)

Well, at this point Stubby isn't looking too good. I'm not sure she cares too much about her name. She's still a lovely little girl. I was told she was more likely male, but then I really got a look at her and she didn't look male at all. That was of course after we a started to call her Stubby.

She keeps closing her eyes but her grip is still good.

Edit: is it weird that she's scratching her turret with her back foot?

Last edited:
Vit. A maybe, how long have you had he

I dont think I would be trying to dose such a small chameleon with preformed vitamin A.

I have seen some of my chams scratching their eye with the back feet. However this is when they are irritated from shedding on their eyes. You could try eye drops or even reptaid. I am sure you have the temps and all figured out so I will not ask about those.

I gave her a dose of reptaid as soon as I noticed she was acting odd. I also tried eye drops and it seemed to help a little bit. She started rubbing her eye on my finger and kept it open for a while. I'll try again later and see if it helps any more. I also dripped water on her nose until she began drinking and some got in her eye again (Its really hard to aim drops at such a little nose!) and she rubbed it again and she seems better. I hope she'll be okay! She seems to like coming out of her tub and have a stroll on my fingers for a minute, then she reaches back down for a plant and goes back in.

Maybe she just has a mild eye irritation? When I see mine rubbing their eyes I give them a bit of a misting and they stop. Maybe they just want me to go away? ;)

Stubby is still squinting/closing her eye today. She seems to be opening it a little though so maybe it's getting better. She hasn't eaten at all since I got her so I tried pushing some small freshly killed crickets to her lips/nose and she ate four willingly. She has a super awesome temperment and I'm really hoping she makes it!

Back
Top Bottom