Boy or Girl?

eclipse24

What's your thoughts boy or girl? No num on the back of the feet I'm thinking girl?

Attachments

• 20230508_102008.jpg
    20230508_102008.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 43
Ok then girl lol 😆 didn't have glasses on must have been a rib I seen looked like a bump
I dont see anything behind the feet but im not sure because sometimes when mele gets dull colored there appears to be bigger stripes rather then patches. So I'm conflicted.

Can you take some better pics of the back of the back feet. Tarsal spurs are fairly obvious at this age. But I can not confirm gender without seeing a closer pic.

Can you take some better pics of the back of the back feet. Tarsal spurs are fairly obvious at this age. But I can not confirm gender without seeing a closer pic.
Not sure if this will help?

Attachments

• 20230508_115517.jpg
    20230508_115517.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 36
I'm working right now I will try to get better ones later. I dont really like to handle her to much because they hate that and I already cleaned her enclosure this last weekend. But I will try.

I'm working right now I will try to get better ones later. I dont really like to handle her to much because they hate that and I already cleaned her enclosure this last weekend. But I will try.
Based on that pic you just added you have a little girl. No tarsal spurs. Your husbandry will change slightly with having a female as she matures. Right now it is important to keep basking temps no hotter than 80. If you have not gotten a husbandry review this can be a great tool to ensure you purchased all the right items. Just let me know if your interested.

Here is some info for feeding as she matures.

As she matures you will have to start cutting back her food. By about 6-7 months she should be getting about 5-8 small feeders each day. At about 7-8 months you want to slowly reduce by cutting down feeder amounts so that she is on a feeding schedule of 3 days a week with 3 feeders. You want them to be on this schedule by the time they are 9-10 months old.

You will not ever want basking to be over 78-80 for her. Very important for females because as she ages she needs this temp no higher at basking to help control the amount of eggs she produces. The hotter the temp they more their metabolism speeds up so we have to keep the temp lower since we are doing lower food intake.

A lay bin should be added as a permanent fixture by the time they are 6 months old so they get used to it and it does not cause stress.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/laying-bin-set-up-educational-video.77225/

Attachments

• laybin graphic.jpg
    laybin graphic.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 35
Back
Top Bottom