Is my Cham too hot at night ?

HIII🖤
So my room is a lot more hotter during the day and cooler at night when I have my fans on. But my enclosure temperature is in the high 70s at night for my baby Cham and I’m worried that’s too hot , she looks like a dark olive green right now while she’s asleep and normally she’s a lot more light light green, I try to cool it down with the fan but it does so little. Is there anyway I can get the temp down during the night for her and keep it cooler ? thank you so much in advance.

HIII🖤
So my room is a lot more hotter during the day and cooler at night when I have my fans on. But my enclosure temperature is in the high 70s at night for my baby Cham and I’m worried that’s too hot , she looks like a dark olive green right now while she’s asleep and normally she’s a lot more light light green, I try to cool it down with the fan but it does so little. Is there anyway I can get the temp down during the night for her and keep it cooler ? thank you so much in advance.
A couple ideas I've done myself - ice packs to help cool the enclosure down (really tedious but it works), an AC in the room for night, adjusting basking light time and any plant lights to turn off sooner to help the enclosure cool off in the evening. Is it cooler outside at night? Can you open a window for a while?

A couple ideas I've done myself - ice packs to help cool the enclosure down (really tedious but it works), an AC in the room for night, adjusting basking light time and any plant lights to turn off sooner to help the enclosure cool off in the evening. Is it cooler outside at night? Can you open a window for a while?
Nope , it can depend on the night honestly , it will be a hot humid night and cold wet nights or opposite , but very rarely. Where would I put the ice packs if I use them? I might look around and invest in another fan or cooler.

Nope , it can depend on the night honestly , it will be a hot humid night and cold wet nights or opposite , but very rarely. Where would I put the ice packs if I use them? I might look around and invest in another fan or cooler.
In necessary situations I've removed the lights from the top of the enclosure and put ice packs on the top. I like @MissSkittles idea though, I'd do that first :)

Where do you live that your night temps are so warm? If your daytime ambient temps are exceeding high 70's then this would be too hot daytime as well. What species and gender do you have?

In necessary situations I've removed the lights from the top of the enclosure and put ice packs on the top. I like @MissSkittles idea though, I'd do that first :)
So it would be okay for her without the basking light if I moved it ? I’m still gonna go to the store and get her a lower wattage , she still hasn’t eaten and it’s been 4-5 days now.

How old is she? Do you have a laybin set up? She could be gravid. has she been going to the bottom of the cage at all? Girls usually stop eating before laying eggs. You will see color changes as well

Can you please post pics of your entire set up from the lighting down and of your chameleon?

How old is she? Do you have a laybin set up? She could be gravid. has she been going to the bottom of the cage at all? Girls usually stop eating before laying eggs. You will see color changes as well
shes a baby , 3-4 months. I think I would and will have panic attacks when she gets to that age. I had to find out the hard way years ago that they don’t need to mate 🥲🥲She’s her own young woman lol

I live in Florida , female veiled chameleon.
You need to buy a window unit air conditioner to control your ambient day time and night time temps. At night they need a temp drop to at least 65. During the day the ambient room/cage temp should be in the low 70's. So like 70-43. Basking daytime only should be no hotter than 80 at the branch for her.

Can you please post pics of your entire set up from the lighting down and of your chameleon?
Sorry it’s kind of a small space I couldn’t back up because I have shelves behind me so I took multiple.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 27
Sorry it’s kind of a small space I couldn’t back up because I have shelves behind me so I took multiple.
It is a good start. Can you tell me what wattage basking bulb your using and what UVB type and bulb strength?

If you could get some more pics of the cham as well. I want to see her face up close on both sides if possible. Are you noticing any wheezing noises or sneezing type behaviors?

You need to buy a window unit air conditioner to control your ambient day time and night time temps. At night they need a temp drop to at least 65. During the day the ambient room/cage temp should be in the low 70's. So like 70-43. Basking daytime only should be no hotter than 80 at the branch for her.
Yea I have to get a lower wattage bulb. I can’t fit an ac in my room because it’s split with my sister. I’ll figure out how to keep it down for her soon. Right now I’m focusing on her health and making sure she gets her meds plus monitoring her. She did so good today when I gave her the second does even tho I was shaking and she was sassy but we got it done. She’s back in her cage and I turned the basking light off and left the uvb on until I get the the store today to change it

Yea I have to get a lower wattage bulb. I can’t fit an ac in my room because it’s split with my sister. I’ll figure out how to keep it down for her soon. Right now I’m focusing on her health and making sure she gets her meds plus monitoring her. She did so good today when I gave her the second does even tho I was shaking and she was sassy but we got it done. She’s back in her cage and I turned the basking light off and left the uvb on until I get the the store today to change it
Wait what meds? What is it for and how are you giving it to her?

Getting temps right will be a major factor especially if baby is sick.

It is a good start. Can you tell me what wattage basking bulb your using and what UVB type and bulb strength?

If you could get some more pics of the cham as well. I want to see her face up close on both sides if possible. Are you noticing any wheezing noises or sneezing type behaviors?
Yea she has all the signs on a respiratory infection and she went to the vet yesterday which confirmed it but I’m hoping it’s the early stage….it most likely came from her living area in the pet store then being transferred to two other locations was stressful so I’m doing my best to hopefully keep her down. I bought the 75 watt bulb and the uvb is a reptisun fixture t5 , it was what I got to fit her cage for now. I can try getting more pics but shes turning darker and going to the very top. She won’t turn to the other side.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    306.8 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    371.1 KB · Views: 23
Back
Top Bottom