Is fiberglass soft screen material ok?

PackMaster

I have 2 soft mesh enclosures that are mesh on ALL sides with pvc frames. Maximum airflow, great drainage. I love them. The soft mesh does not damage the nails or toes. I have Panthers in them now. Question is: just received a large enclosure as a gift. It has sturdy wire coated with some kind of water proof coating, but the space between the wires are aprox 1/4 in by 3/4 in. Plenty small enough to keep the chams in, however, it will not keep free range crickets IN ! I was planning of lining it with screen. Does anyone know if there would be any issue with fiberglass window screen?

The screen works fine but like Mike said the crickets chew through in no time.. that's how the reptariums are I had some a long time ago and a month or two of crickets running around they had some nice holes in them.. just get some aluminum screen.. No rust and it will hold up..

I have 2 soft mesh enclosures that are mesh on ALL sides with pvc frames. Maximum airflow, great drainage. I love them. The soft mesh does not damage the nails or toes. I have Panthers in them now. Question is: just received a large enclosure as a gift. It has sturdy wire coated with some kind of water proof coating, but the space between the wires are aprox 1/4 in by 3/4 in. Plenty small enough to keep the chams in, however, it will not keep free range crickets IN ! I was planning of lining it with screen. Does anyone know if there would be any issue with fiberglass window screen?

Well, you don't have to completely free range your feeders. Try using a larger plastic bin that your cham can march around the rim of and shoot from a distance.

Back
Top Bottom