- Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
- Female panther chameleon, 18 months old, just brought her home today
- Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
- Only to put her in her new enclosure
- Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
- In her previous home, I am unsure how much, but crickets. She seems overweight.
- Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
- Unsure about previous home, but calcium WITHOUT d3 6 days a week, every other Saturday the LoD
- Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
- Going to hand mist 2-3x per day until I get a mist king attachment.
- Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
- Hasn’t pooped yet, but I will post if there is anything concerning/in parasite test
- History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
- Got her from a local hobbyist breeder, who is downsizing.
Apparently she lays every 5 weeks. Normal or not?
- Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
- Screen 2x2x4, previous home was 18x18x36 screen
- Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
- T5ho 5%, household halogen bulb- 9-9
- Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
- Basking 82-83, coldest is 68
- Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
- Humidity ~70 daytime, ~90-100 night, unsure previous home
- Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
- Previous home was mostly fake, now all live. Ficus elastica, pothos, spider plant, tradescantia, and zz plant
- Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
- Currently on the floor, but going to elevate it so the top is 6’
- Location - Where are you geographically located?
- Alberta, Canada
Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.
Just a check, also my first female cham