Fat pads on a Panther

I'm not sure where these are- I was under the impression that they are located right behind the cast - but I'm not totally sure- My panther is now nearing a year and he's not eating quite as much as he did when he was younger but he does like to eat- I know over feeding isn't good for him -
I'd love to see pictures of what a "fat" chameleon actually looks like- and where to look - I know that overfeeding a female can cause overproduction of eggs- and I've read that over feeding males can cause prolapse- though there was less said about that so I'm not sure how true it is-

Here's my fat boy Krayola... You can see the bulging in his casque on top of his head.. He's kinds chunky all over!!! ;)
apygytyt.jpg

utyvydej.jpg

ry6uty3u.jpg

Needless to say he's on a diet!!! :)

Last edited:
So it's actually on the casque, not right behind it? That was my other choice- thank you - looks like my Chumley can still have a wax worm on the weekend if
he will eat it out of my hand - but he's not getting them on weekdays-

The pads are on the casque. There isn't actually a fat pad under the skin, but the pads certainly can get very fat if the chameleon is over fed. If you post some good pics of the face, casque, and body (including tail) members here can help you determine if he is underweight, fat, or within a healthy range.

I don't think he's overweight at this point - He's about 10 months old (I think I've had him since June)

Attachments

• Chumley15.jpg
    Chumley15.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 369
Your guy is very handsome - I love his colors.. I can't get a picture of mine with out him giving me the evil eye -

Back
Top Bottom