Introducing Buckminster Bobbins!

Lathis.. Tell Bucky that him and Atlas's need to lay off the steroids...:ROFLMAO: LOL......

Serious note he amazing you need to find a mate for him i need one of his blood line(y)

Today's fun. A very nice day after a scorching week. Bucks is going slow on this shed, and he's been a real grump log about it, too. I love how hydrophobic the fresh skin is :D

IMG_20160924_085238.jpg
IMG_20160924_085124.jpg

As others have said, he is amazing. Parsonii Parsonii are just plain and simple, amazing creatures.

I'm requesting a weight update and encloser picture updates ;) I remember when you built your cage, it was and still is a very nice custom project. I remember thinking... that Jackson has more room than any other Jackson in captivity!

Thank you, all! Bucks is very special to me, and it's been wonderful to watch him grow up. Today Bucks is 325g at 1yr 5mo - that's a post-poop weight. Enjoying some sunshine on the deck again today. I can't believe how nice this weather is. :D

Bucky 11-06.jpg
IMG_20161106_090619.jpg

Bucky doesn't use nearly as much of the space as my Jax did (only the upper half) - he's much more of a distance wanderer instead of a up-down climber. We have the door permanently open and vines that stretch out to two free-range plants. He makes several loops a day back and forth but really doesn't leave his free range very often (my Jax could absolutely not be trusted - he was always into trouble!). Bucky will go down to the sliding door almost every morning and sit in the sun, but I saw him sitting under basking lamp for the very first time just yesterday.

Note the dip in the top dowel from fatty's weight! That's his sleeping spot. He climbs up there, turns around 2 or 3 times, then hunkers down facing left almost every night. Very predictable :D I might replace that dowel today if I get time and adjust the pothos to draw more vines to the top. It needs some other upgrades and repairs including screen replacement - I'm trying to decide how long this will be sufficient for him. The free range space definitely helps. I'll need to build him a new enclosure at some point - I'll probably make it shorter and wider. My dream is that some day, I will have a whole jungle room for him. Here's how I try to set up zones inside the enclosure - over the summer, he definitely preferred the "cool wet" zone, but as the temperature has dropped, he will now move to the "warm dry" area after a few minutes under the mister. He's a very slow drinker - I run a 30 minute session an hour after lights on and a 20 minute session late afternoon with the automated dripper running for 2 hours midday. I don't think he uses the dripper, but I want him to have access to water.

CAGEDESIGN.jpg

Bucky has now turned to Mr Buck (I be back the Terminator.:cool:) That a difference a year-and-a-half make..I understand your feeling I can't explain it about this species it like they don't consider themselves as reptiles but almost human like..:D...

Back
Top Bottom