Introducing Buckminster Bobbins!

Today's Bucky update!
IMG_20160519_173733.jpg

What size of indoor enclosure he has??

He has a 6ft tall by 3ft by 2ft cage that I built. I try to set up his habitat to have various zones: warm and dry zone for basking, wet zone for misting and drips, and a shady area with lots of foliage.

I also have a large indoor tree that is connected to his cage with a parrot ladder. Typically, we leave the door open so he can move to the tree and look out the sliding door when he wants. He's good about putting himself up at bed time. So far, he behaves himself when out of his cage (not like my Jax, who was always getting into trouble, haha). As he moved into being a teenager, he is starting to get more adventurous. If he stays escaping his free range, we will have to shut the door when not home.

We have added a (not so) tiny new member to our family... Buckminster Bobbins! Bucky hatched last May, which makes him a Taurus - practical and good with money (haha). He's been with us for about a month and just starting to trust the hubby and me. His orange eyes are just so intense, and the blue is really starting to come through on his cheeks and shoulders especially. He's going to be a stunner.

Bucky is one of @Action Jackson 's CBB Parson's babies. Action Jackson has been so helpful with getting everything set up and offering advice - I can't thank AJ enough for how great he has been. If you follow (stalk) Primo Chameleons on FB, you can absolutely tell how much effort AJ puts into raising his chams - they are all absolutely beautiful. I'm really honored to have a cham from one of his lines.

Photo captions:
1. Practicing the tiny baby hadrosaur pose
2. This is his happy face
3. The time he was outrun by a snail...
4. Soaking up that last little bit
5. "Leaving me alone, I'm basking"
6. "What did I tell you about sticking that camera in my face?"

View attachment 155227 View attachment 155228 View attachment 155229 View attachment 155230
View attachment 155231 View attachment 155232
Wow! He is beautiful. How big will he get?

Hopefully in the 800-900 grams and 25-30 inches long at full size. He's a monster for his age, so I hope that means he will be a big adult. :D
I'm impressed. I have never seen one in 'person' haha. But I love to look at them. You are very fortunate.

Back
Top Bottom