Introducing Buckminster Bobbins!

Over the last month, you wouldn't even recognize Bucky with how much his colors have changed. Such a handsome boy... He's eating us out of house and home!

IMG_20160504_075334.jpg
IMG_20160501_121230.jpg

IMG_20160426_075127.jpg

Last edited:
He looking fantastic....! Just think in a matter of time he's going to be needing a date for senior prom.:LOL:

He's still a little young for that, but the teenager attitude is definitely starting! So much crabbiness!

Lathis, have you considered a tread mill? You know: a little collar and leash attached to the mill?

Ooh, maybe a bad idea if he's already eating you out of house and home!

He's still a little young for that, but the teenager attitude is definitely starting! So much crabbiness!

When Atlas hit two this year he began getting some attitude, wants to roam, goes on hunger strikes over there being no females available. Wait for the tantrums

When Atlas hit two this year he began getting some attitude, wants to roam, goes on hunger strikes over there being no females available. Wait for the tantrums

Oh joy... :D

Bucky is just about to turn one. He still has his baby-timidity but occasionally decides to flare up for no reason and attack a leaf or branch. It's cute to watch him practice his defensive displays. I try not to upset him, but he really HATES the phone camera. He's just starting to want to explore beyond the free-range tree but is a bit too nervous to make it to the ground just yet. The attitude is coming though, we can definitely see it starting

How much was Atlas eating at one? Were you feeding him every day at that point? I worry that I might be overfeeding Bucky, but at the same time, I suspect he'll go through a big growth spurt over the next year. He'll get a formal weigh-in tomorrow, but he's in the 130-135g range.

We have added a (not so) tiny new member to our family... Buckminster Bobbins! Bucky hatched last May, which makes him a Taurus - practical and good with money (haha). He's been with us for about a month and just starting to trust the hubby and me. His orange eyes are just so intense, and the blue is really starting to come through on his cheeks and shoulders especially. He's going to be a stunner.

Bucky is one of @Action Jackson 's CBB Parson's babies. Action Jackson has been so helpful with getting everything set up and offering advice - I can't thank AJ enough for how great he has been. If you follow (stalk) Primo Chameleons on FB, you can absolutely tell how much effort AJ puts into raising his chams - they are all absolutely beautiful. I'm really honored to have a cham from one of his lines.

Photo captions:
1. Practicing the tiny baby hadrosaur pose
2. This is his happy face
3. The time he was outrun by a snail...
4. Soaking up that last little bit
5. "Leaving me alone, I'm basking"
6. "What did I tell you about sticking that camera in my face?"

View attachment 155227 View attachment 155228 View attachment 155229 View attachment 155230
View attachment 155231 View attachment 155232
Haha "The time he was outrun by a snail..." is my favorite:LOL:

Wow!! Bucky stunning to get bulky..
What are you feeding him.. Also supplements?

OMG, he will eat anything! He eats everyday - about 5 large crickets, plus 1 or 2 medium/large (about 1.5 inch) sized hornworms or large superworms. Later in the day, he'll grab a snail or what ever isopods or rogue crickets cross his path. I think he would happily snack on more through the day, but he's gaining weight so fast already, I worry about overfeeding him. His poops are literally the size of those malted chocolate easter egg candies. If anyone thinks I should feed him more, let me know.

For supplements, I use two products: Repashy Calcium Plus LoD (calcium with low D3 and multivitamin) and the SuperCal NoD (plain calcium), alternating days. We also have a good gutloading system in place for insects, which I think is really important. Not Sandrachameleon-level, but solid. Currently, he is getting a few hours of sun every other day or so, and that seems to have really boosted fatty's appetite :)

Back
Top Bottom