INTESTINAL PARASITES HELP

sarie

my vet results came back and my 7month old panther has intestinal worms. he is taking a dewormer twice a month. are intestinal parasites fatal? i am very worried. also what should i do to proceed besides giving medicine ?

do you recommend me deep cleaning everything in his cage?

Did the vet say what the parasite was?
All the ones I know of are treatable.

Definitely deep clean the cage and everything in it.
Is it the only reptile you have?
No I have a baby bearded dragon. I keep them separate and always wash my hands between handling. The reason he may have gotten parasites is from his crickets. all of them seemed to die at once which was odd. So I got rid of my cricket supply in case they had parasites. He already ate some of them from before and became lethargic so I took him in for a fecal test. I am going to ask what type of parasite.

I keep hearing about how coccidia is deadly and that beardies can spread it though he seems just a bit lethargic, not seriosult sick. Is coccidia a type of intestinal parasite? Thank you so much!

Coccidia is a one-celled protozoan...not a worm. It can be treated but isn't the easiest one to treat. Steam kills it but some of the disinfectants don't when it comes to cleaning the cage and equipment.

What's the medication that you're using for the chameleon?
It's usually a sulpha drug that works on killing it.

I
Coccidia is a one-celled protozoan...not a worm. It can be treated but isn't the easiest one to treat. Steam kills it but some of the disinfectants don't when it comes to cleaning the cage and equipment.

What's the medication that you're using for the chameleon?
It's usually a sulpha drug that works on killing it.
I actually have to check what medicine it is when I get home. I just got off the phone with the vet and he has pinworms. he seems to be doing better today than he did yesterday. Thank you! I will keep you updated

thank you! I was just worried because I just recently got him and I wanted to make sure he was okay🤣other than the pin worms , the vet says he looks very healthy! these are recent photos from a couple days ago

Attachments

• 711E1363-916A-40EC-A77C-BF25CB683EC9.jpeg
    711E1363-916A-40EC-A77C-BF25CB683EC9.jpeg
    133.5 KB · Views: 67
  • CF8E2494-DA88-4C0A-957D-6084924FF59D.jpeg
    CF8E2494-DA88-4C0A-957D-6084924FF59D.jpeg
    144.6 KB · Views: 61
Back
Top Bottom