Info please??

Pablothecow

What is Gular Edema? what does it do exactly to chameleons? what are the signs beside the lump between their front legs?

You need to stop all supplements except for calcium and give your crickets lots of healthy food. No D3 and no vitamins. Fruits and veggies fed to your crickets will help to balance the vitamins naturally. Other than that, water, water, water. Your cham needs to flush out her system. I had a male with gular edema and my vet had me do that. It took several months to make changes, but he finally got better. He wasn't too bad and I took him into the vet as soon as I saw the edema starting. It is harmful to their organs so you need to start treating it right away. A vet visit would be important too.

Can you post a picture? I would recommend going to a vet if you are not sure. Even if it's edema it's still better to treat it with a vet.

here are a couple of pictures. she puffed up at me cuz she was mad i was taking a picture of her so i hope u can still tell...

steve 10.jpg

steve 11.jpg

I dont see any signs of gular edema. But again, since she puffed, it could be masking the inflamation.

I would change your feedings to that amount every other day, as she looks old enough to lay eggs now.

by reducing food, and lowering basking temps to 82-83, it can help reduce or prevent egg production.

I kind of see a lump but can't say a hundred percent with her puffed up.
at that age you can definitely lower her food intake to every other day. I would say she is over weight right now.

Back
Top Bottom