Leg dangling

Hi everyone! Update on sprinkles - his edema improved once switching calcium. Major thanks to Beman for the recs on a new calcium. He is back on dusting every feeding without D3 and twice a month vitamin with D3.

He is not gripping branches with his back legs while basking. His back legs seem slightly weaker than when he was younger. His front are okay. He does grip branches when he hangs out lower in the cage and sleeps. He dangles the left leg more often, but sometimes it's both.

I don't see swelling but he does this every single day and it makes me feel like something must be wrong. It's making me nervous that there is no improvements after a month, so we are going to see Dr. Stein in LA this week.

What tests should I look out for/ request? What else could be happening besides gout?

IMG_2118.jpg
IMG_2119.jpg
IMG_2117.jpg
IMG_1875.JPG
IMG_2268.jpeg
IMG_2120.jpg
IMG_1573.jpeg

Thank you in advance.

The edema looks great!

As far as hanging legs - I'm not a vet or even truly an expert, but if I were in your shoes, I'd definitely ask for bloodwork for the possible gout and to see if there are any markers for infection, and perhaps an x-ray to see if there's any injury and to check bone density. That he's hanging BOTH legs seems to me like they're hurting him so he's using them as little as possible.

Back
Top Bottom