Info about the Mistking

Lil P

So I'm looking into getting a Mistking starter kit 4.0. I currently have a Monsoon solo and there is nothing wrong with it, however I live in a very dry climate and it seems to be more of a spray rather than a mist. This make it a little tougher for me to keep humidity up while at the same time not drowning my live plants or the bottom of my cage. I also hand spray the cage and have a humidifier in my room. Humidity stays around 60 all day and drops at night, urates are white and look healthy. My cham is a 2 and 1/2 month female panther.

I don't mind the little extra work of hand spraying to make sure my cham gets drinks, but the wetness of the floor of the cage from the monsoons "spray" rather than "mist" is a problem I would like to avoid. Could the Mistking be my solution?

I have a few main questions about the Mistking I would love some user feedback on -
1. Do you require a 5 gallon bucket or other container to draw water from?
2. How much more effective is the Mistking vs the Monsoon and is it worth the upgrade?
3. If i were to purchase a Mistking, would I have any use for the Monsoon or would the Mistking supply enough droplets and humidity for my chameleon.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Lake

Mistking does require a reservoir so 5 gallon buckets work fine. I love the mistking, but you need drainage with any auto mister, you won't have to worry as much about flooding with the mist kind and you can adjust the nozzles to have a finer mist or thicker drops. Mistkings last forever as a good mister practically XD and no you would likely need nothing else unless you use a dripper as well? I doubt you'd even need the humidifier, but not sure.

Mistking does require a reservoir so 5 gallon buckets work fine. I love the mistking, but you need drainage with any auto mister, you won't have to worry as much about flooding with the mist kind and you can adjust the nozzles to have a finer mist or thicker drops. Mistkings last forever as a good mister practically XD and no you would likely need nothing else unless you use a dripper as well? I doubt you'd even need the humidifier, but not sure.
How do you adjust the nozzle from fine mist to droplets?

You turn it the nozzle... at least I can do it o_O maybe I am the only one... I mean the thing is you have to be aware of it will still be high pressure so you have to either make something like a rain dome, or make a bounce off affect... or adjust the pressure like I did... but I did that like as soon as I got it and don't remember how I adjusted it anymore because I messed with stuff for hours. Sorry >.< I haven't had to put in a new mist king attachment for ages... in fact I took one out just recently, so I am a bit off my game with it anymore XD

You turn it the nozzle... at least I can do it o_O maybe I am the only one... I mean the thing is you have to be aware of it will still be high pressure so you have to either make something like a rain dome, or make a bounce off affect... or adjust the pressure like I did... but I did that like as soon as I got it and don't remember how I adjusted it anymore because I messed with stuff for hours. Sorry >.< I haven't had to put in a new mist king attachment for ages... in fact I took one out just recently, so I am a bit off my game with it anymore XD
Thanks. It is neat to know it's adjustable. I love my mistking

The MistKing manual clearly states that you should not unscrew the nozzles and that they are set/ fixed from the factory. I'd be a bit leary turning the nozzles. Out of the box my nozzles were just fine.

http://online.fliphtml5.com/jrle/oqmi/#p=18

The MistKing manual clearly states that you should not unscrew the nozzles and that they are set/ fixed from the factory. I'd be a bit leary turning the nozzles. Out of the box my nozzles were just fine.

---
Damn I removed the quote thing. I guess I forgot reading that after I messed around with it. Nothing bad came from mine. But I definitely don't recommend messing around with it if you aren't used to working with misters.

Back
Top Bottom