Incomplete shed :(

SS4Luck

Established Member
So reptar started a shed 3 weeks ago, and about 1/4 of one of his sides never came off. It is broken up into like shed scales and comes off about 1 "scale" a day but im realizing it has been too long and need to do something.

With my snakes we soak them for an hour and use a wash cloth and it comes right off, idk what to do with chams though. Obviously leaving them in a tub of water for 45 minutes is a big nono.

Help?

Thats what ive been doing :( up to 7 times a day! i havent seen any improvement in the last few days which sucks because his other side is showing BEAUTIFUL teals and blues and this side is constantly dark green

Thats what ive been doing :( up to 7 times a day! i havent seen any improvement in the last few days which sucks because his other side is showing BEAUTIFUL teals and blues and this side is constantly dark green

Picture? Sounds like it could be a little more than a shed issue. Maybe not. May help to see

How old is he? Sometimes older chameleons may shed at slower rates or in only one place at a time. One of my oldest will only shed one foot at a time. Once each foot has shed, he may shed just his head. Some of my young ones can shed in a couple hours. Just continue misting a little more and you can also use zoomed retisafe. I add it to my water and seems to help.

I would do opposite. Dry him out a bit. This will help the flakes fall off. He most likely basks in light, on the one side that has shed. Moisturizing him can only impede a flaky shed.

Too bad they aren't like cresteds. They just eat their shed and it's always a full shed (except the little bits they can't always get, like the nails and toes). All you have to do is spray them down and they do the rest! LOL

Back
Top Bottom