im new to the forum ,bruises or tail rot???

I have an ambilobi panther cam ,the last quarter of his tail is almost black but only on one side. I'm careful of his tail.he just finished pilling. It was fine before. But he slipped from my arm one day an caught himself w/ his tail on my other hand. So how do I tell bruised an rot. It doesn't look infected just blotched to black.any help? New member having problems uploading pix. Thank you

A picture will really help, but I'd suggest that a bruise should fade in a couple of days. An injury that has necrotic tissue would be hard, black, have a different texture than normal colored skin, and won't fade or change color. There is no actual disease called "tail rot". Its just the symptom of necrotic tissue from an earlier injury or infection.

Thank you for your help and knowledge. I took him to the vet. He had a small cut on the bottom of his tail. Got vitamin A shot and fluids. An oral meds.check up appointment two weeks.other than that he's overall good.thank you again!!

Thank you for your help and knowledge. I took him to the vet. He had a small cut on the bottom of his tail. Got vitamin A shot and fluids. An oral meds.check up appointment two weeks.other than that he's overall good.thank you again!!
Why did the vet give him all that for a cut on the tail? Fluids? Was he dehydrated? Did the vet find other issues? Can you post a pic of him?

He said it was possible fungal infection. He hasn't wanted to drink much water ,I have a dripper. I randomly mist him threw out the day. Humidifier .but he still eats.the meds Enrofloxacin .subcutaneous fluid therapy. VitaminAD injectable.

ok, they usually don't give SubQ fluids unless it is a very severe case of dehydration. Why the vitamin A also? I am just curious. Again, can you post a picture? I suppose your chameleon is sleeping right not though.

This is his tail. Its only on one side an is about an inch long.day 4 after the color change started to darken.he said the infection may have caused the dehydration. Im still new to this world an trying to keep my buddy as happy as possible. I felt bad but couldn't find a local vet .his vet is over a hour drive from me.

Attachments

• Tail of captain.jpg
    Tail of captain.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 189
Its still dark but he has been flashing colors on the infected area. So positive so far. I went with the oral meds,for the simple fact I'm not trained to or want to give my pet an injection. I use my phone to make him open his mouth an bam meds served. Non reseptive female trick lol

ok, they usually don't give SubQ fluids unless it is a very severe case of dehydration. Why the vitamin A also? I am just curious. Again, can you post a picture? I suppose your chameleon is sleeping right not though.

When I was doing research about lack of vit A, black tail was mentioned as one of the symptoms. My rescue Veiled's tail wasn't attended to properly and he ended up having it amputated.

Attachments

• Chameleons and vitamin A.pdf
    438.7 KB · Views: 151
Back
Top Bottom