Ichi Update

dante8858

I know I haven't posted in a while...I have been working long days, spending time with family that is moving to Italy in September, and spending all my free time (it seems like) at the vet. Ichi is over his staff infection and is healing well. Two weeks ago when I went to give him his meds I noticed that his left nostril was swollen. I took him out and gently pushed on the area and creamy puss came out and a little blood. I loaded him in the car and went to the vet. The vet said he had a sinus infection. She said that he shouldn't have been able to get one being on antibiotics. She gave him drops for his nose and I had a recheck appointment scheduled for this last Friday. He was only supposed to take the drops for 14 days, Friday should have been the last day. Friday morning I got up turned on his lights and was about to give him his meds. His left eye wasn't open but his right eye was. He sometimes does this first thing in the morning so I really didn't think about it until I started to give him water. He wouldn't open his eye and when he finally did it looked glazed over. I took him to his recheck vet appointment and his sinus infection has moved to his eye. She flushed his nostril and gave him a shot of a different antibiotic. He seems to look better but does anyone know why he would have a sinus infection when he is on antibiotics? I didn't think you could get one while on antibiotics.
The good part of his check up on Friday is they took out all of his stitches! No more blue shoulder! He looks so different without stitches!
So anyone with thoughts let me know…..thanks

Back
Top Bottom