I woke up this morning to

Steaphon

Shen-long dying in his cage. No warning. Fine last night. He ate and took water as normal. No issues what-so-ever. We are heart broken. He passed moments ago. It will be one of the hardest things I have ever done to tell my 7 year old son that Shen passed. The first thing and the last thing is to say Hi and good night to Shen.

Long live Shen-Long, my beloved friend...you will be missed......................................................................................................................................................................:(

Attachments

• th_2010-11-12_09-57-21_91[1].jpg
    th_2010-11-12_09-57-21_91[1].jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 263
Oh Steaphon, so sorry to hear of this news, especially so unexpected. You were just telling me the other night about him, how wonderful of a fellow he was. My heart goes out to you! :(

Thanks C

It wa so unexpected. Jeff is going to have a fit. He was everyones fav. I still have Eye-Gor, Maui and the rest, they just are not Shen-Long. I don't know how Jeff is going to take it, but it is going to be bad, bad, bad. I just don't know what could have happened. I know he looked a little old, and that could have been the case, but he ate well, he did drink well...His feces was good. I know with Chams, here today and possibly gone tomorrow for no reason, WE have just never experienced THIS quick of a happening. Normally there are SOME signs. With Shen...nothing. I just don't know. I love the Mels as they are so easy going as far as I am concerned. Jeff was holding him last night. I am going to miss coming home to have him pawing at the cage and wanting out. :(:(:(

Not a very good birthday to say the least. How old was he? I have seen other people on here who have lost chams without warning either, eating drinking etc and then they are gone..... I feel bad for you to have to break the news to Jeff. Sometimes though, us adults take things worse than the kids. Kids have a way of picking of the pieces and just moving right on along. We wear our hearts on our sleeves for a long time.

I really don't know

As with alot of Chams when you get them, no history. We only had him for a short time, but at the VERY LEAST he was the most loved Cham in the world. I can at the very very least say that. I sure loved me some Shen-Long as did the rest of the family. He was indeed our fav.:(

I really don't think so...

I actually have several large very soft towels under where he perched. Actually across the entire bottom of his cage as I felt he was an aged Cham. I was so careful with him. Like a little old man or a newborn. Truly, only God knows. :(

Well you should have comfort in knowing his last days of his life were good ones, thanks to your care and love. As a keeper, when you do all that know humanly possible to give your cham a healthy, happy life, then you should not have any regrets.

Deff no regrets...

Thanks C and D for the kind words. Time to remember well and move forward...
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Well you should have comfort in knowing his last days of his life were good ones, thanks to your care and love. As a keeper, when you do all that know humanly possible to give your cham a healthy, happy life, then you should not have any regrets.

I agree with carol, you should take comfort in how well you all looked after him. He would of died known he was loved im sure.

Sorry for your loss. Sounds like you pampered him for the last few months of his life. Its hard when you lose the special ones. Seems like if they do have anything compromising them they always seem to go when the seasons change and the temps change outside. At least in my exp....

Thank Ladies and Chams...

All the well wishes are most appreciated. We are taking it very hard, but now will put all of our effort into Eye-gor and Maui and the gang for now. My son is home and it is not going well. I will deff have to look around for a young Mel for him as Shen was his bestest friend ever as I was told to put on here for you guys to read. And Carol, Jeff says he loves you very much. He sits here and reads what we PM about all the time. He is glued to the LCD when I am on ChamFor and loves the pictures. If anyone knows of some Quality Mel's I may be interested in a couple of weeks in a young one. Thanks again everyone. ;)

Thank Ladies and Chams...

I have just sent an INQ to someone and I just had a hit on someone that is coming to get our two Hedgies that we rescued. They will more than pay for Jeff a new Mel. All our thanks and Smooches to everyone! Still sad but getting better. Jeff says to tell everyone "Hey, I am only 7 but I love you guys alot and really mean it"! What a kid. Talk to you all soon.

:( I am sorry your little guy passed away. He was obviously very well loved and i`m sure he must have felt it too. It really is amazing how attached to them we become in such little time. Sleep tight little Shen.

I'm sorry for your loss. Melleri can be very sensitive sometimes....even CB ones.

I have heard/read/seen cases of Melleri dropping dead suddenly for no apparent reason. From what I have seen/heard/read it can happen when they are handled and react badly to it from the stress and sometimes if they have their picture taken and respond badly to the camera...but I'm sure there are other things that can cause it too.

I along without he rest am sorry to hear you lost him. You let Jeff know we all love him too. Just let him grieve however he needs to, imo.

Back
Top Bottom