Bad news

danny_cham

Established Member
It is with a broken heart that I write this to you guys.

I got a call from my boyfriend that Danny was hanging upside down in his enclosure. I rushed home but when I got there Danny was already gone. I have no idea what happened because there had been so much improvement in his appearance and health since I got him.

The only things I noticed was his loss of appetite, which I wasn’t too worried about since he had recently shed.

He is still a very bright color. Is that normal for chameleons that have passed or should he have turned darker? He only died moments ago I believe but I for some reason have hope he might still be alive.

I have no idea what to do with him. I want to cremate him but I am unaware of cremating services for lizards. If anyone has any suggestions

im so sorry for this does he appear to be breathing at all
I don’t believe so but I can look at him one more time. The only movement when I picked him up was a twitch of the tail. But I know dead animals can retain some nerve movement for a few minutes after they have passed

C9E999BC-D54B-4BBB-98E5-E9062C734E18.jpeg
2E29BAC6-BCE8-4CB4-B069-E7F21C2856D1.jpeg

Attachments

• E74F0814-7736-4F68-A290-5AD42BE9895E.jpeg
    E74F0814-7736-4F68-A290-5AD42BE9895E.jpeg
    175.3 KB · Views: 51
Pretty sure he’s going to pass….sorry to have to tell you that.
I‘d just keep him comfortable…don’t overheat him.
So sorry.
I was worried about that. He’s never like this. Should I keep offering water and keep him in the box? I did offer to let him back in his cage but he wouldn’t.

He did try to bite me a couple of times haha so I hoped that meant he had enough strength left. I know he is probably terrified and he seems very week.

I wouldn’t offer him water in any normal way like spraying it misting. People often try to do this and they aspirate it when they’re weak like this. It always seems the kind think for us to do…offer water…but it isn’t always.

I wouldn’t offer him water in any normal way like spraying it misting. People often try to do this and they aspirate it when they’re weak like this. It always seems the kind think for us to do…offer water…but it isn’t always.
I did offer some and it seemed like he dried to swallow but most just poured back out. His breathing is slowing and raggedy. I’m sitting with him but might leave him alone because I don’t want him to be stressed in his final moments

I have set the box in the bottom of his cage and turned on his light in case he gets cold. His eyes are barely open but he is still breathing

Uggg honestly my worst fear... I have thought a lot about what I would do in this case. You might consider getting him into the vet so they can humanly euthanize him then you can also get the cremation services they offer. By the looks of him he is dying. Sometimes their bodies just do not give out quickly when they shut down like this.

Back
Top Bottom