i went to the gym

Thatcher

Chameleon Enthusiast
this is off topic but since chams are pretty much my life and i do other stuff SOMETIMES i thought id share one of those things!

I went to the gym and I have started working out a lot, I have benched 140 and my physique looks a lot different, i would totally recommend it because then not only would you be smart (like you already are because your on this website lol) you would be strong! oh and you'll look really good in your chameleon academy shirts!

Very nice! Benching 140 lbs is very impressive, especially at your age. How old are you (feel free to keep this confidential)? I remember getting 160 in high school, though I ate like crap back then (my only protein came from 1 roast beef sandwich and my carbs were completely from cheetos). I think I've gotten up to 180lbs, but that was still 2 or 3 years ago. I'll test my 1 rep max next week and let you know! I mainly do push-ups and dumbbell presses (for chest) so I don't bench with a barbell on a regular basis.

I work out six days a week. The most important part about working out is getting enough food to eat and enough sleep. Lots of people think they should be eating less, but honestly you should be eating more, or else you are setting yourself up for injury. Just make sure the food is healthy. I'm still trying to get a consistent sleep schedule down, but I'm averaging 8 hours. Ideally, I would sleep 9 hours but getting to bed early can be tough.

And of course! You have to look good in those chameleon academy shirts!

I say this unsarcastically: I bet no one would be as strong as @kinyonga in her prime!

If you're into working out, you may be into bouldering. It's rock climbing, but on a smaller scale. There are no ropes, but you have cushioned pads to land on. It really forces you build up that arm and forearm strength. Plus it's really fun to watch yourself progress and get stronger.

Very nice! Benching 140 lbs is very impressive, especially at your age. How old are you (feel free to keep this confidential)? I remember getting 160 in high school, though I ate like crap back then (my only protein came from 1 roast beef sandwich and my carbs were completely from cheetos). I think I've gotten up to 180lbs, but that was still 2 or 3 years ago. I'll test my 1 rep max next week and let you know! I mainly do push-ups and dumbbell presses (for chest) so I don't bench with a barbell on a regular basis.
I currently weigh 148 im trying to get to 160 and im 14 going into 9th grade next year
i started doing 30-45 pushups every night so i can eventually do 100 or more in a row without stopping

I used to be pretty strong but never lifted "real" weights...just did things like carry heavy furniture up and down stairs...move huge piles of topsoil to gardens and wheelbarrows full of patio bricks from the front yard to the back. I didn't mind doing any of it...always thought of it as good exercise...even if not the conventional kind! Wish I could still do all that stuff. 😔

I used to be pretty strong but never lifted "real" weights...just did things like carry heavy furniture up and down stairs...move huge piles of topsoil to gardens and wheelbarrows full of patio bricks from the front yard to the back. I didn't mind doing any of it...always thought of it as good exercise...even if not the conventional kind! Wish I could still do all that stuff. 😔
my mom makes me do that stuff lol

this is off topic but since chams are pretty much my life and i do other stuff SOMETIMES i thought id share one of those things!

I went to the gym and I have started working out a lot, I have benched 140 and my physique looks a lot different, i would totally recommend it because then not only would you be smart (like you already are because your on this website lol) you would be strong! oh and you'll look really good in your chameleon academy shirts!
Best thing you will ever do. Been working out religiously for 40 years and still can wear high school clothes. And awesome for mental health and confidence.

I currently weigh 148 im trying to get to 160 and im 14 going into 9th grade next year
i started doing 30-45 pushups every night so i can eventually do 100 or more in a row without stopping
Dang, that's awesome! In 9th grade, I could barely lift a plate-less barbell. I used to be the skinniest guy in my grade, so not being able to lift that much back then checks out. It's awesome that you already have that large of a head start at your age. You're definitely going to be making people at your high school jealous.

Dang, that's awesome! In 9th grade, I could barely lift a plate-less barbell. I used to be the skinniest guy in my grade, so not being able to lift that much back then checks out. It's awesome that you already have that large of a head start at your age. You're definitely going to be making people at your high school jealous.
Thanks! Just finished working out rn lol people surprisingly mess with me because I look strong and they think flexing all the time lol, it has become physical, (like poking a bear) it's got my twin brother really annoyed because he works out a lot and is bigger than me, I hope everything works out and I don't have to get into a fight, for their sake.

The mind benefits from a healthy body. Starting to see more intelligent people putting an emphasis on healthy living. It’s so much more than just looking good or being strong(of course those are perks though!). Keep at it, working out in some form should be a priority for so many reasons.

Thanks! Just finished working out rn lol people surprisingly mess with me because I look strong and they think flexing all the time lol, it has become physical, (like poking a bear) it's got my twin brother really annoyed because he works out a lot and is bigger than me, I hope everything works out and I don't have to get into a fight, for their sake.
Interesting. I also have a twin brother and we would get into verbal arguments and physical fights about working out. Basically my brother and I would take turns getting injured (accidentally). So one of us would work out while the other was out of commission for a few months recovering from surgery or whatnot.

I just remember feeling left behind when my brother would work out while I had to sit there and recover and get skinny again.

But even when both of us were able to work out, we couldn't exercise at the same time. My brother would always make fun of me. Chances are that he felt like I was catching up to him or even surpassing him when I felt the exact same way about him.

I don't have much advice to give, but compliment him on his looks. But say it sincerely and not superficially. Pick something about him that you genuinely admire and say it to him. And don't compliment him too often or he'll think you're lying. Also, if you can, go to the gym at different times or switch up your routines so you're not doing the same workout as him.

My twin brother and I got in our fair share of fights but we still respect and love each other more than anything else in the world.

At one time, our relationship got super toxic. We wouldn't allow each other to make mistakes because a mistake he made felt like a mistake that I made. And vice versa. We would rather scold each other than get scolded by coaches, friends, etc. We were trying to protect each other, yet we strayed so far from that ideal and ended up hurting ourselves.

One day this whole thing made sense to me and I had a talk with my brother. It made sense to him. We reconciled our differences and now have the best relationship we have ever had.

While you may not be facing the same problems that we did, as a twin, you'll have to face problems that are different than dealing with a regular friend. Try to understand why he wants to fight you or poke the bear. You'll have to think long and hard, and it won't be easy. Maybe he knows the answer. But the best way to deal with it is by trying to talk to him. You can't simply ignore him since he is your twin.

Anyways, I wish you the best! Keep killing it at the gym! On the chameleon forums, you'll get more advice than just chameleons haha

The mind benefits from a healthy body. Starting to see more intelligent people putting an emphasis on healthy living. It’s so much more than just looking good or being strong(of course those are perks though!). Keep at it, working out in some form should be a priority for so many reasons.
I absolutely agree. And long time no see!

Interesting. I also have a twin brother and we would get into verbal arguments and physical fights about working out. Basically my brother and I would take turns getting injured (accidentally). So one of us would work out while the other was out of commission for a few months recovering from surgery or whatnot.

I just remember feeling left behind when my brother would work out while I had to sit there and recover and get skinny again.

But even when both of us were able to work out, we couldn't exercise at the same time. My brother would always make fun of me. Chances are that he felt like I was catching up to him or even surpassing him when I felt the exact same way about him.

I don't have much advice to give, but compliment him on his looks. But say it sincerely and not superficially. Pick something about him that you genuinely admire and say it to him. And don't compliment him too often or he'll think you're lying. Also, if you can, go to the gym at different times or switch up your routines so you're not doing the same workout as him.

My twin brother and I got in our fair share of fights but we still respect and love each other more than anything else in the world.

At one time, our relationship got super toxic. We wouldn't allow each other to make mistakes because a mistake he made felt like a mistake that I made. And vice versa. We would rather scold each other than get scolded by coaches, friends, etc. We were trying to protect each other, yet we strayed so far from that ideal and ended up hurting ourselves.

One day this whole thing made sense to me and I had a talk with my brother. It made sense to him. We reconciled our differences and now have the best relationship we have ever had.

While you may not be facing the same problems that we did, as a twin, you'll have to face problems that are different than dealing with a regular friend. Try to understand why he wants to fight you or poke the bear. You'll have to think long and hard, and it won't be easy. Maybe he knows the answer. But the best way to deal with it is by trying to talk to him. You can't simply ignore him since he is your twin.

Anyways, I wish you the best! Keep killing it at the gym! On the chameleon forums, you'll get more advice than just chameleons haha
Thanks! We don't really fight that much and he's really supportive, but he's always been ten pounds more than me beacause I was sick as a baby, oof.

Back
Top Bottom