I Need Help With My Baby Panther Cham

i just have a 5.0 floursent tube
right but its also on top of the cage? thats way to large for the size lizard so i highly doubt uvb is issue here at all.. How close can she get to the light now? where does she normaly stay in the cage btw top middle or bottom or always moving? Also did you clean all live plants remove or make inaccessable perlite in soil plant vitaman balls in soil etc..look for anything potentialy toxic or choking possibilities.stabbing possiblites on sharp stuff..no plastic they can eat etc . just a good practice when setting up a cage. I think she was already too big for fruit flys when you got her and prob just a combination of malnourshment and irregularity in life.

tell me whats your schedule like when would you be there with the animal? The reason i ask beacsue i have a special controlled room in my garage bult for them thats controlled automatted dimming like a sunset..but for exmaple animals i have in the house about 1 hour before bed i turn off the spot lights..then about 30 mins before dark i turn on a dimm light and they all get settled curled up then i turn off the dimmlight. when i see they are settled for sleep.

right but its also on top of the cage? thats way to large for the size lizard so i highly doubt uvb is issue here at all.. How close can she get to the light now? where does she normaly stay in the cage btw top middle or bottom or always moving? Also did you clean all live plants remove or make inaccessable perlite in soil plant vitaman balls in soil etc..look for anything potentialy toxic or choking possibilities.stabbing possiblites on sharp stuff..no plastic they can eat etc . just a good practice when setting up a cage. I think she was already too big for fruit flys when you got her and prob just a combination of malnourshment and irregularity in life.
yeah atop, is or isnt? kinda close. middle usually always moving into now. no plants all fake plants. you think i can get her back to life?

what i would do is get 2 timers of them one for flourecent one for basking.if you want to do 10-10 that could work..but if you have natural sunrise like light coming in through a window they will prob wake up with that..mine inside the house wake up like withh the natural light so i get up at sunrise and turn thier lights on..so say thats 8 am by once they are warmed up sun is on trees so i move them all into outdoor cages 10 am or 10:30 and feed( on average id say they eat 5-10 crickets first feeding latter is usally less unless its summer..)( if its winter and they are in reptile room dont go out this is when spots go on) they get another cricket feeding about 2 or 3 pm...after that at 5 or 6 when sun goes down they come inside and get just flourecents 5.0.. a worm snack and hand watering then they get settled for bed. same thing everyday..i also cup feed not all eat everyday every feeding depending on shed.egg cycle.or state of mind they are in etc..each animal is an individual with chameleons.

yeah atop, is or isnt? kinda close. middle usually always moving into now. no plants all fake plants. you think i can get her back to life?
its possible especially if she is still eating and opening her eyes..the big question is will the vet you will go in am? suggested liquid diet product the other member said sounds good..mention the product to the vet..even if you could get your hands on the liquid diet stuff i dont think you could adminster it safely unless u could trick her..better for the vet to open the mouth than you this small size..its delicate..fragile..etc.they can demonstrate how do do it..with minimal risk of injury.

its possible especially if she is still eating and opening her eyes..the big question is will the vet you will go in am? suggested liquid diet product the other member said sounds good..mention the product to the vet..even if you could get your hands on the liquid diet stuff i dont think you could adminster it safely unless u could trick her..better for the vet to open the mouth than you this small size..its delicate..fragile..etc.they can demonstrate how do do it..with minimal risk of injury.
ill just let them handle that. Thnaks ill keep you guys up to date

I know its terrible seeing this to such a beautiful creature..trust me i started caring for panthers at 16 now 46 and i have had more than a few die in my hands over those decades..but it actually drives you to learn more and to figure out..but i have to admit there were times in my life that i could not even keep a chameleons due to living situation etc..work schedule etc..so from this learn all you can for future cases etc..to be honest its hard to belive a very healthy baby can get in this condition in 20 -30 days..i cant state as a fact but i suspect the animal wasnt 100%..another good reason to buy locally if possible where u can exmaine the animal first or with a well know breeder which lll reptile is not more of pet store middleman..

btw did lll reptile provide you any care guides? they might have on the websites i didnt check but i was curious if they send with the animal

It is actually quite common for babies who are young to have problems with fresh uvb lights. I would just suggest cutting the uvb strength by another amount of fine screening mesh under the uvb basking it.

It is actually quite common for babies who are young to have problems with fresh uvb lights. I would just suggest cutting the uvb strength by another amount of fine screening mesh under the uvb basking it.
Ive been lucky i guess for many many years but my raising system does use mesh tops.meant to keep fruit flies in more than any thing and give air flow..not really meant as filter but works as one .in the past i had diff designs with no mesh... I raise mine in about 50-70% natural sun now.. temps permitting..if its summer clutches even more.

Yes but probiotics would do nothing to solve the current issue. And honestly I have never met a reptile who needed probiotics of any sort of they had a good amount of different feeders and their feeders were well gutloaded. Most of the probiotics made for reptiles are a huge guess of what they need anyway. Not enough scientific study has been done of reptile digestion to know their needs for correct probiotics. We hardly know enough about the human gut. Reptiles are a huge mystery in that department.

all i can speak from is personal experience..its helps my animals guaranteed ive seen positive results..so i recommended what i have facts and evidence in my own colony.. you have an opinion only..if you have tested the products and had zero results..thats a diff situation..Logically how it applies here the animal is weak..so along with being forcefed.or if its still eating.i dont think probiotics would be bad to even mix into that food to aid in digestion..its increased the metabolism in my animals and appetite. Ive seen good reults. I got no problem with your saying you disagree but would be nice if had facts behind it . ive been caring for them for 3 decades thier best interest is in my mind. Not opinion pissing matches.

Okay you think i should relocate her to a smaller tub?
I think it would be better to have her in a tub ..her size and condition so you can monitor her eating and poop etc..place paper towels in bottom mosten if needed for extra humidty ..a mesh she can climb on and some plants you can spray she can drink off of.. so u can see whats going on..i dont understand for sure how you fed fruit flies like how many but i cant imagine her finding many in that current cage so the malnourshed makes sense. update us when u get back from the vet..if you need more pictures of a set up private message me.

What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? i scary once i wake up and sometimes leave the dipper on. another time when i get home t 7 i turn on the fogger and spay him cage. Also before bed
Judging by ur baby pictures,the baby are showing severely dehydrated,the problem with the sunken eyes is once became sunken in ,to reverse that situation is going to take the same amount of the time( or more )when the baby got dehydrated in the first place,since the chameleon is well known to hide their dehydration pretty well on their physical appearance in the beginning.
When I raise all my babies,all I did is misting ,replenish the feeders;gutload bug care n cleaning their waste,its a non stop procedure with the amount of the time I put in (whole day),I have people that I been turn down to sell them a chameleon,because they dont fit in the life style to care for their baby cham (constantly busy working go go day in n day out)
These precious babies required constant attention,if one element is missing then their problem will occur.
I personally give each individual attention (judging their poop drop,watch them drink n eat)
If I see a certain one is lack of something,I will be given he/she the special care even more.
Ur baby will need lots hydration to reverse the sunken eyes,if it took 2month prior u to purchase the baby getting the sunken eyes,it will also take 2month to reverse the problem with non stop hydration and it WONT SOLVE the problem by just adding a dripper or even an auto mister,put it this way,if the baby wont drink on their own or it wont take enough water on their own,then even u can still see the white urates BUT their eye will still be sunken.
These are my personal years of the experience which I spend the whole day by obersering my panther and veiled babies growing bigger n parting to their next family owner,my chameleons aint cheap,but they sure are healthy on my care(less vet bills)!!

Judging by ur baby pictures,the baby are showing severely dehydrated,the problem with the sunken eyes is once became sunken in ,to reverse that situation is going to take the same amount of the time( or more )when the baby got dehydrated in the first place,since the chameleon is well known to hide their dehydration pretty well on their physical appearance in the beginning.
When I raise all my babies,all I did is misting ,replenish the feeders;gutload bug care n cleaning their waste,its a non stop procedure with the amount of the time I put in (whole day),I have people that I been turn down to sell them a chameleon,because they dont fit in the life style to care for their baby cham (constantly busy working go go day in n day out)
These precious babies required constant attention,if one element is missing then their problem will occur.
I personally give each individual attention (judging their poop drop,watch them drink n eat)
If I see a certain one is lack of something,I will be given he/she the special care even more.
Ur baby will need lots hydration to reverse the sunken eyes,if it took 2month prior u to purchase the baby getting the sunken eyes,it will also take 2month to reverse the problem with non stop hydration and it WONT SOLVE the problem by just adding a dripper or even an auto mister,put it this way,if the baby wont drink on their own or it wont take enough water on their own,then even u can still see the white urates BUT their eye will still be sunken.
These are my personal years of the experience which I spend the whole day by obersering my panther and veiled babies growing bigger n parting to their next family owner,my chameleons aint cheap,but they sure are healthy on my care(less vet bills)!!

your doing it right alpha( music to my ears really) you gotta be involved..this owner didnt know that i dont think wasnt informed they have to be visually monitored for state of health changes..poop,eyes,tongues,claws..otherwise this would not have happened he would have noticed hey these eyes seem flat today..sunken in lines on body from malnutrion and deyhyration.immediatly on the onset .alot is going on here..i cant picture feeding a single baby fruit flies in that larger screen cage..but i can see if you have busy schedule etc it can just pop up if its not a routine.

your doing it right alpha( music to my ears really) you gotta be involved..this owner didnt know that i dont think wasnt informed they have to be visually monitored for state of health changes..poop,eyes,tongues,claws..otherwise this would not have happened he would have noticed hey these eyes seem flat today..sunken in lines on body from malnutrion and deyhyration.immediatly on the onset .alot is going on here..i cant picture feeding a single baby fruit flies in that larger screen cage..but i can see if you have busy schedule etc it can just pop up if its not a routine.
Welcome back Kingkush,me n u both know raising the healthy babies requires WHOLE LOTS LOTS OF TIME, and tons OBSERVATIONS.
Unfortunately now a day,people out there are just looking for a deal when they purchase their chameleon,but Im proudly to say all my current customers are happy with their pet chameleon,that is the main reason I do not wholesale my chameleons cause once they exchanged hands,the babies wont received the same care from me any longer,Im the one who brought these babies into this world so I will have to make it my priority to take care all of them,its like a human babies,why bother gets pregnant if u can not provide the baby's well being!
Time and observations will for sure to save tons headache n vet bills.
By the way,I like the snake son photo,great job(more music ringing)(y)

you think i can get her back to life?
The vet wont reverse that sunken eyes like a magician ,u will have to do this on ur own,there is no medication out there to change that sunken eyes,u will have to constantly rehydrate her ,like I say before if it takes her so long to show her eyes sunken,it will take as much time or more to reverse that ,its fixable in the early stage ,but the longer u delay ,it will become impossible to reverse the sunken eye ,her whole eye turret is half way in like the dry well,time to rehydrate her at least 7 times a day,if u ever want to see her beautiful eye turrets to pop back out again.

Sadly she passed away after the car ride to the vet. They injected fluids into her body and shortly after she passed away. Thanks for you guys help.

Sorry man sad news for us all :(..will your try to find a better quality animal now froma reputable source? or are you re-evaluating your time etc needed to care for them?

I think right now it isnt the best time. Maybe ill wait a little. I just don't know how to feel right now after this. Im studying to be a vet and after this, this pushes me further to strive to reach my goal.

Do you guys wanna see how she look after they gave her, her shot? It was weird because it turn black around were they gave her shot.

Back
Top Bottom